Rapidly pinpoint threats and automate response to avoid costly impact
Principal Software Engineer
Want to work in a flexible, collaborative environment with other like-minded engineers? We hire smart, innovative, ambitious team players and are looking for people of the same cut to join us. About the Job:How does a state minimize fatalities from tornados? How does a company minimize employee risk in the face of a global bomb threat? How does a health system communicate in real time, while at scale? At Everbridge you'll be solving the communication challenges of a modern economy at tremendous scale.
We are looking for a developer-leader to drive the architecture, technology, design, quality and SLIs / SLOs of the modernization of Everbridge’s Risk Intelligence Monitoring Center (RIMC) Tools software suite. These tools help our analysts gather, organize, summarize, and publish risk intelligence gathered from sources around the world. This modernization effort includes the migration of existing Python, Java and PHP applications into AWS, with full CI/CD automation. Then rearchitecting these applications to enhance functionality and take maximal advantage of AWS capabilities.
The successful candidate will work closely with and mentor the Software Engineers implementing the bulk of solutions, but of course we expect some hands-on work evaluate approaches, set design patterns and stay current. The candidate will also work closely with the engineering management team to set and meet project and business commitments that span multiple scrum teams and managers.
What you'll do:
- Architecture development and technical leadership for the modernized RIMC Tools software suite.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to Software Engineers (internal and contract).
- Work closely with the management team to develop, propose and execute engineering initiatives.
- Design, build, modify, test, deploy and troubleshoot enterprise level software solutions
- Drive high quality and secure SDLC in all software solutions.
- Drive SDLC best practices and increasing software development velocity.
- We are an agile shop, mostly scrum, developing mostly in AWS using deployment and test automation, containers, microservices and serverless techniques.
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience designing with a broad range of systems, back end, front end and cloud services
- Experience delivering AWS solutions with high performance and availability SLOs
- AWS architecture and design
- Enterprise level systems design and integration
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across engineering disciplines: Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, Performance Engineering, Database Reliability Engineering, Quality Engineering, etc.
- Project sizing, decomposition, commitment setting, and execution in collaboration with management.
- Agile development experience including working with Atlassian stack, especially JIRA
- Secure programming experience working with scanning tools such as Veracode.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Kubernetes / containers
- FedRAMP compliance
- SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Experience with Java, Python, PHP
- Ability to drive agile development.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical oversight and mentor software engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed quality and secure programming guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop enterprise level solutions
- Demonstrated ability to master new technologies
- Ability to work effectively with a remote team, using tools such as Zoom, slack, email, etc.,
Everbridge at a glance
Everbridge focuses on Mobile, Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Software, and Unifed Communications. Their company has offices in Burlington, Pasadena, and Burlington. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Everbridge has raised $476.475M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.