Rapidly pinpoint threats and automate response to avoid costly impact
Lead Linux Administrator
**Looking for candidates local to Pasadena, CA.*
About the Position:This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to participate in two of the fastest growing segments of the Internet – SaaS and the Cloud! Get in on the ground floor at Everbridge, the market leader for Incident Management and Communications solutions.The Network Operations Center (NOC) team plays a critical role in ensuring that Everbridge platforms are highly available through proactive system monitoring including system integrity, availability and performance of the production environment. The Lead Linux Administrator (West Coast) is accountable for all fault and performance monitoring of Everbridge solutions, supporting systems and web properties. This position will plan, lead and oversee day-to-day NOC operational activities and processes. This position is technical in nature and requires a strong background implementing and managing complex technology infrastructure. The Lead Linux Admin (West Coast) provides both supervisory and technical guidance to the Everbridge NOC Team.
What you'll do:
- Oversee day to day activities of a team of NOC engineers ensuring tickets are handled appropriately, and updated and closed in a timely manner
- Provide Network and operational support for mission critical systems.
- Trouble shoot and resolve production issues.
- Be part of an Incident Manager on-call rotation.
- Serve as the Incident Manager during critical enterprise wide issue which includes coordinating resources required to resolve the incident, providing regular status updates to upper management, work with Development and Engineering teams as well as external carriers/vendors to resolve and prevent issues.
- Serves as the subject matter expert and internal escalation point for team members.
- Participate in change management, incident review and root cause analysis of production deployments, maintenances and network outages.
- Work with the team to ensure all escalated problems/tickets are updated and closed in a timely manner.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Work with management team to evaluate, manage employee performance, establish employee training and development plans that align with organization development philosophy.
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years working in fast-paced, fluid and high-pressure IT environments.
- 5+ years of hands-on Linux experience.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Salt(preferred), Chef, Puppet etc.)
- Working experience with automation and development tools, GIT, Terraform, Rundeck, Python.
- Experience managing monitoring systems such as Datadog and Alert Site.
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Experience in administrating cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Working knowledge of ITIL and/or Agile methodologies.
- Professional experience with container platform tools like OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of applications and database systems including MySQL, Java, Apache and MongoDB.
- 3-5 years troubleshooting network elements, protocols, services, and transport layer problems.
- Flexibility to work long hours under pressure during system outages and major implementations.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment.
- Proficient reading and writing clear, concise technical reports and correspondence.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of organizational management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent
Everbridge at a glance
Everbridge focuses on Mobile, Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Software, and Unifed Communications. Their company has offices in Burlington, Pasadena, and Burlington. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Everbridge has raised $476.475M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.