Ethos is using technology to reinvent life insurance with today’s families in mind
Senior Product Manager
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager who’s excited to take on complex problems and create elegant product solutions for our customers, both internal and external.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Platform Product team, you will focus on building a platform and operations that will drive growth and efficiency across the core business, and support future new products and opportunities.
The role will include cross-functional collaboration with other product teams, legal, compliance, business operations, finance and accounting, and sales and customer experience. You will be responsible for the outcomes of the team and managing the day to day work of what we build.
- Establish shared vision for your product across the company and building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Collaboratively lead a team of engineers, designers, and business stakeholders to solve complex real-world challenges with simple, usable products
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products, develop insights, and implement improvements
- Drive first-person workflow & usability studies, field research, and market analysis into product requirements to build best-in-class tools and infrastructure
- Build world-class tooling for our CX teams to effectively and efficiently deliver outstanding outcomes for our customers
- Build scalable platforms for policyholder and transaction management to handle the needs of our business today and the predicted needs of the future
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 5+ years. (We’re serious!)
- A fast learner. Insurance is complicated; you’re excited to get into the details and become an expert in life insurance infrastructure, from how payments are processed to how data flow through our internal systems.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze and decompose a complex system into its constituent parts.
- Analytical. You know how to analyze and decompose a complex system, and how to communicate that complexity simply and cleanly. You use data to clarify decisions wherever possible (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem and create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational details.
- User-centric. You have a passion for user experience, and you can do everything from user research to working closely with designers to create an amazing experience.
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines and bring everyone together using clear communication and strong structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the insurance experience better - we can’t fix all of them at once! Where will you start and why?
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others.
- Organized. You are a natural at project managing your features and getting things done.
- Above all: you are mature, open-minded, and nice!
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
Medical, dental, and vision 100% covered by Ethos
Work from home policy
Daily meals(breakfast, lunch, dinner) plus a fully-stocked kitchen,Dog-friendly office (San Francisco)
Free one medical membership
Team events and happy hours, Company volunteer opportunities, Employee interest groups
Ethos at a glance
Ethos focuses on Insurance, Software, Finance Technology, and Insurtech. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, and Singapore. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Ethos has raised $106.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.