Ethos is using technology to reinvent life insurance with today’s families in mind
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020 as well as featured on VentureBeat for raising $60m in our series C funding. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role &
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Foster a data-driven culture
- Work closely with PMs to define feature goals, implement tracking, create dashboards to evaluate success, and analyze experimental results
- Proactively generate exploratory analyses and in-depth research on large data sets to help product teams uncover high-impact opportunities in the areas of risk, fraud detection, and pricin
- Be the go-to expert on product data and insights
- Use your wizardly data querying and visualization skills to answer any question in a way that provides actionable insights
- Communicate not just findings, but also your recommendations to key stakeholders and executives
- Use your insights to advocate for our members in everything we do
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis, data science, and/or data-driven product management
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Expertise with data visualization tools to convey actionable insights to product managers and business leaders
- Experience in A/B testing and experimentation best practices
- Knowledge of basic statistical techniques; linear and logistic regression, chain ladder method, confidence intervals
- Familiarity with a scripting language like Python or R
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
Medical, dental, and vision 100% covered by Ethos
Work from home policy
Daily meals(breakfast, lunch, dinner) plus a fully-stocked kitchen,Dog-friendly office (San Francisco)
Free one medical membership
Team events and happy hours, Company volunteer opportunities, Employee interest groups
Ethos at a glance
Ethos focuses on Insurance, Software, Finance Technology, and Insurtech. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, and Singapore. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Ethos has raised $106.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.