Ethos is using technology to reinvent life insurance with today’s families in mind
Senior Technical Life Underwriter
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020 as well as featured on VentureBeat for raising $60m in our series C funding. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
- Work with our team and partners to execute underwriting policy
- Monitor and optimize automated underwriting rule sets
- Ensure our underwriting vendor partners are executing on established risk selection procedures and meeting SLA’s
- Execute underwriting audits
- Collaborate with our Operations and Customer Experience teams to ensure we deliver best-in-class new business support
- Liaise with risk-bearing partners and underwriting vendor partners to optimize the underwriting process
- Apply technical expertise to effectively blend non-traditional underwriting tools into the process
- 7+ years of life underwriting experience
- Experience with underwriting rules engines and rules management
- An understanding of data and models in the underwriting process
- The ability to communicate results and needs among multiple parties
- A record of identifying opportunities and quickly delivering solutions
- Desire to be a team player in a dynamic environment
- An obsession with the customer and ability to challenge the status quo
- Experience working with actuarial to assess mortality
- Underwriting vendor management experience a plus Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
Medical, dental, and vision 100% covered by Ethos
Work from home policy
Daily meals(breakfast, lunch, dinner) plus a fully-stocked kitchen,Dog-friendly office (San Francisco)
Free one medical membership
Team events and happy hours, Company volunteer opportunities, Employee interest groups
Ethos at a glance
Ethos focuses on Insurance, Software, Finance Technology, and Insurtech. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, and Singapore. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Ethos has raised $106.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.