Reimagine the world of cell phone clarity and luxury. see the network in a new light
Linux Engineer (Bangalore)
Essential Products is a new type of company focused on creating consumer technology products for the 21st century.
As a Linux Engineer you are the go-to person for Essential Bangalore’s linux server deployment, maintenance, security policies, internal tools and technologies. You troubleshoot, respond to inquiries and find solutions to technical challenges. You are highly technical and are comfortable problem solving with multiple operating systems but primarily Linux. You're a fast learner and a good communicator.
Learn more about Essential India here.
- Provide direct technical support of Linux and related technology in a production environment
- Providing hands-on support for production issues related to office and data center environments
- Assist in monitoring and troubleshooting of linux based servers, which include supporting hardware changes, software installations, and upgrades.
- Tuning and optimizing servers for low latency
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or any other discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience into managing Linux environment.
- Strong experience into Shell/Python scripting.
- Exposure on installation, troubleshooting in Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu) environment with experience in Firewall and Security.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple high priority projects
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Good communication skills
Essential at a glance
Essential focuses on Consumer Electronics, Mobile Devices, and Smart Home. Their company has offices in Palo Alto and Bengaluru. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Essential has raised $330M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2017.
You can view their website at https://www.essential.com/