A platform for interior designers to easily source products and manage projects
Full Stack Software Engineer£45k – £70k • 0.0% – 0.1%
A fast-growing start-up revolutionising the design Industry, a market worth over $700bn annually. eporta is an online marketplace where architects, interior designers and other businesses can discover high-design furniture, lighting and accessories and purchase directly from suppliers.
We have users in over 80 countries, so our business is already truly global. We have a number of high profile investors including a large US venture capital fund, Guy Hands (founder of Terra Firma) and the founders of Zoopla, Betfair, sofa.com and Achica.
We have recently completed our Series A funding with a US based investor (Canvas Ventures) and are building out the team for the next stage of the business.
Our technical team is growing; we use agile processes; we automate everything so we can focus on feature delivery, and we clean up behind ourselves to keep the codebase in excellent shape. Developers take responsibility for architecture, code, automated testing and peer reviews. We firmly believe in owning feature delivery from idea to production.
An experienced and enthusiastic developer with experience working on both the back and front end in an agile web environment. You are eager to continue building technical skills in a growing team whilst helping to shape the future and direction of a rapidly expanding platform and company.
- Self-motivated and passionate about building what’s right for the user
- Willing to take ownership of features - and contribute to making them superb
- Confident questioning and constructively critiquing the status-quo
- Keen to widen your skill set; organised and detail oriented.
A unique opportunity to make a real impact in a rapid growth business whilst learning from our experienced and high-performing team. Reporting to the VP Engineering, you will be working alongside the existing front-end & back-end engineers to deliver a well-architected, consistently high-quality system that will enable us to sustain our rapid growth.
You will mainly be working on our Python based back-end platform as well as expanding our React based frontend., Building new features and ensuring our architecture can scale to handle thousands of users across desktop and mobile. Work will be a combination of proofs-of-concept and investigation, large strategic projects, improving our internal tooling and some smaller tactical work. We work in small cross-functional product squads, so everything is up for grabs and we are always working on interesting projects.
Our main web app is built with Django on the back-end and React on the front. Our relational database is Postgres but we make heavy use of Elasticsearch for search and Redshift for data warehousing. We use Kinesis to underpin an event-based architecture for integrating with external systems and internal jobs. Our infrastructure is managed almost exclusively through CloudFormation, Ansible and AWS, with industry- standard cloud platforms for builds, testing and source code control.
Your skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of 4+ years commercial experience with Python or similar languages and front experience with React/Redux or similar frameworks
- Experience working in a cross functional agile team
- Experience designing & building APIs to drive client MVC sites & mobile apps
- Solid understanding of web technology & architecture
- Experience writing tests for both front and back end features
- Experience working with product designers and end-users to deliver features start to finish using Sketch, Zeplin, Jira (or similar)
Bonus points for...
- Knowledge of good dev-ops processes and experience of Ansible/ Puppet/ Chef
- Experience building scalable web-based systems
- Previous work in small, high-performance teams (especially web-based startups)
eporta at a glance
eporta focuses on B2B, Marketplaces, Project Management, Interior Design, and Software. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, eporta has raised $8M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2018.