We build next-generation defense systems to address 21st century threats
IT Support Specialist
At Epirus, we build artificial intelligence systems and directed energy weapons that enable unmatched offensive and defensive electromagnetic pulse capabilities. Our team combines engineering talent and Special Operations combat veterans to address 21st century threats. We embrace innovation and agile development to deliver breakthroughs in high-power microwave technology for offensive and defensive EMP and artificial intelligence for enhanced targeting capabilities.
Job objective: This is an exciting role in a growing company. The ideal candidate for the position is ready to be the first contact for the end-user, providing proactive and holistic IT support. You will be part of a growing IT team inside a dynamic and challenging environment. The team is focused on developing long term solutions, transformative IT and providing an exceptional level of IT support for our employee base.
- Provide top-notch, proactive, IT support to local and remote employees
- Manage and respond to tier 1 through tier 3 IT and Helpdesk tickets
- Assist with large-scale and global IT projects and tasks
- Manage computer and IT equipment life cycles
- Optimize workflows and evaluate new solutions that allow us to scale
- Employee account creation and deletion and audits, on-boarding and off-boarding
- Troubleshooting tasks and operating system/application support on Microsoft Windows OS, Mac OS, mobile devices and other platforms
- BS degree in Computer Science, Systems Science, and Computer Engineering
- 1+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, startup-like, environment
- Systematic problem-solving approach with the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams, customers, and external vendors
- Startup experience and/or Defense/Aerospace/Military experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organization
- Organized; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Hardware/software/network training and/or certification in systems (such as MCSE, Network+, Security+, Microsoft 365, etc.)
- Experience with common corporate technology stack platforms including: G-Suite, Office 365, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint, etc.
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwaves, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.
Top-tier platinum coverage (including medical, vision, dental, and life) for you and your dependents.
Salaries & 401k
We provide competitive salaries and 401K plans with matching, along with full healthcare coverage that includes medical, dental, and vision plans.
We provide generous equity compensation to help create a sense of teamwork and ownership.
Remote options & travel
Options for remote work, along with opportunities to travel and interface with customers.
Free catered lunch as well as an array of healthy snacks and beverages.
Continuing professional development, conferences, and brown bag lunches.
Activities & events
We make time for regular happy hours, team off-sites, and annual parties.
High-performance laptops, workstations, ergonomic devices, and best-in-class modern tools for agile development.
We offer mentorship programs that enable career growth, skill development, and consistent feedback.
Epirus at a glance
Epirus focuses on Defense, Software, Electronics, and Drones. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and El Segundo. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Epirus has raised $21.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.