Automating FDA compliance and approval
Customer Success Manager$80k – $100k • 0.01% – 0.05%
You will drive Customer Success to ensure that customers achieve expected results with Enzyme. You will use CRM tools and data to understand trends and recommend strategies to leadership.
This role requires a technical background in biomedical or quality systems engineering. And experience growing Customer Success programs.
- Personally or through coordination, respond to email, and in-app chat support requests according to SLA.
- Maximize customer delight by partnering internally to plan, and implement improvements using supporting data, your vision, and CRM automation tools.
- Provide sales with an early warning on renewal risks.
- Conduct routine health status across all customers.
- Identify and address any customer product-related issues or escalations.
- Provide designers insight into customer's "lived experience."
- Conduct structured onboarding to ensure customers get results with the software.
- Develop mastery of life science quality management including applicable regulations and standards (ISO 13485, FDA 820).
- Report on key metrics including MAU, NPS, churn, etc.
- (Post COVID) Plan and attend customer events; including training, socializing and user groups.
- Customer Success or Product Management experience.
- Strong understanding of enterprise SaaS and life sciences.
- 3+ years in a customer-facing role (Customer Success or similar).
- Engineering degree or similar technical experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with customers, and colleagues.
- Self-starter capable of managing in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities.
- Degree or 2+ years of experience in Biomedical, Systems or Quality Engineering.
- Experience working in complex solutions/enterprise sales.
- Life Science regulatory and quality management experience.
- Ability to debug web apps using Chrome Dev tools, network panel or server logs.
- Familiarity with tools like Github, Asana, Slack, Jira, Salesforce, Hubspot, Intercom, etc.
- Familiarity with open source principles and collaboration (async work).
- Past success self-managing in a Remote First organization.
Title and compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
Meet your team
Check out the Benefits & Perks sections of our handbook: https://github.com/EnzymeCorp/handbook#perks
Enzyme at a glance
Enzyme focuses on Biotechnology, Enterprise Software, Medical Devices, Health Care Information Technology, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.