Welcome to the modern workplace! We handle everything that comes through your front door
Head of Channel and Business Development
Envoy is transforming modern workplaces, challenging the status quo with products that make office life and work more meaningful. Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how offices interact with visitors, keep employees safe and healthy, manage deliveries, and book conference rooms in over 13,000 locations around the globe while building products for a new era of workplace experience. Companies like Slack, Asana, Pinterest, and Warby Parker rely on Envoy to create an unrivaled first impression and keep their offices safe and compliant.
With more than 100,000 new sign-ins every day, Envoy Visitors empowers workplaces to create a warm welcome for guests while safeguarding their people, property, and ideas. Envoy Protect ensures employees are healthy before they come to the office and can keep a safe distance while they’re there. Envoy Rooms provides a simple solution for you to book meeting rooms, free up unused rooms, and access newly open meeting space. Envoy Deliveries ensures that packages safely reach their recipients at work, without mailroom pile-ups or communication delays. For more information, please visit envoy.com.
About the role
As the Head of Business Development and Channel you will develop and execute a strategic business development plan with strategic partners and a channel plan with the goals to deliver value to customers and partners and to drive revenue growth. Envoy has a platform strategy and partners are an integral part of that. Our partners vary from large strategic partners like Tier 1 software vendors to technology partners, integration partners, implementation partners and resellers. This role is one hand strategic and analytical, but on the other hand commercial and focused on driving execution with external partners and the internal teams. For this role, both external and internal stakeholders are important. Internally, you work in a cross-functional team with sales, customer success, engineering, product and design, marketing and finance. The Head of Business Development and Channel will assume leadership for a small but talented and growing team. This is a critical and exciting role, which is reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer. You will be a critical member of the global Sales and Success team.
- Set up the business development function. Currently we do have a channel team and a technical integrations team but not a strategic business development function
- Lead the Business Development and Channel Team
- Develop and implement a Business Development / Strategic Partnership strategy and a Channel strategy, in close collaboration with the CRO and others
- Work closely with EPD, Customer Success and others to develop a product vision and decide on where to build, partner or buy
- Build and maintain relationships with strategic partners, up until C-level, also from scratch. Negotiating and close commercial partnership agreements.
- Develop a channel strategy for profitable growth. Build a compelling channel program, in which both partners and Envoy can do well and grow together.
- Contribute to the strategic process of the company
- 10+ year work experience of which 6+ years Business Development and Channel experience, of which 3+ years experience in B2B SaaS companies
- Demonstrable results in business development. Has closed partnership agreements.
- Carried a channel number and driven revenue growth. Strong commercial skills and negotiation skills. Understands what industry leading channel programs look like.
- Experience in early stage, fasting growing companies
- Strong strategic thinking, ability to develop a vision
- Experience as people manager. Knows how to inspire people and how to build and develop teams. EQ as well as IQ
- C-level presence
- Bachelor or Master in business, finance or engineering (MBA / MSc)
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and to do what it takes to get the job done
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Full health coverage for you and your dependents.
We offer a 401K, so you can invest in your future.
Unlimited vacations to help you relax and recharge.
Healthy lunches every day and weekly team dinners.
$100 monthly gym credit.
$260 monthly transportation credit.
Team offsites and trips to fun, unique destinations.
The latest tech and equipment to outfit your desk.
$100 monthly Lyft ride credit.
Envoy at a glance
Envoy focuses on SaaS, Security, Identity Management, Human Resources, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Envoy has raised $58M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.