Powerful tools for protecting critical infrastructure and support mission-critical operations
Data Scientist - Research
Enview creates 3D models of the world in order to protect people and critical infrastructure. We solve one of the hardest problems in machine perception: the application of AI to nation-scale, 3D point clouds to virtualize the world in 3D. The proliferation of 3D sensors like LiDAR is enabling for markets such as Energy, National Security, Autonomous Logistics & Vehicles, and Smart Cities. However, the unstructured 3D data from these sensors can’t be processed by traditional computer vision methods, forcing these markets to be bottlenecked by slow, expensive, and unscalable manual services. Enview has built the world’s most scalable AI platform to enable rapid, automated classification of 3D point clouds, which enables digital twinning of the world in 3D at unprecedented speed and scale.
RESEARCH AT ENVIEW
Advances in compute capacity combined with the proliferation of cost-efficient LiDAR sensors enables Enview’s Research Team to pioneer ideas in the complex field of unstructured 3D point cloud classification. Our research drives Enview's ability to meet the needs of users in the field, who rely on our mapping data and insights about the environment to conduct important tasks in a fast-changing world.
We put a premium on innovation and curiosity, with the Research Team on the vanguard of new capability development. We work with the Engineering Team to transition our work into Enview's product pipeline with large-scale computing and advanced visualizations. The Research Team reports directly to the CTO and is engaged in collaborations with teams across the company.
As a Data Scientist, your work will drive Enview’s ability to extract novel geospatial insights from unstructured customer data. Leveraging your expertise in analytics, machine learning and software engineering, you will incorporate new sensor data types into product features, design algorithms capable of handling large unstructured 3D point clouds, and the frameworks to test and evaluate system performance.
- Write software and algorithms for use in extracting geospatial insights from unstructured 3D point clouds
- Evaluate and work with various 2D and 3D data sources in order to produce highly accurate 3D models of the world at very large scale
- Write testing frameworks for evaluating system performance
- Provide insight into trends and novel work in machine learning and data science
- Publish, formally or informally, on ML topics
- BS in engineering, computer science, or a related field
- 3+ years experience in data science or machine learning
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics, and algorithms
- Capability with machine learning frameworks (ie, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, etc)
- Proficiency in Python, object-oriented programming, and the software development process
- Excellent communication skills
- Rigorous analytical thinking
- MS or PhD in engineering, computer science, or a related field
- 5+ years experience in data science or machine learning
- Proficiency in C++
- Prior experience with cloud computing, AWS preferred
- Prior experience with GIS, lidar, or photogrammetry
- Opportunity to play a foundational role at a well-funded startup with major clients and revenue
- Work with people like yourself—talented and thoughtful; passionate about solving challenging problems
- Unlimited vacation policy (we're serious about this - do great work, have fun and live life)
- Internet Reimbursement
- Full medical/vision/dental + 401K (US only)
Enview works with software and technology subject to U.S. export controls regulations. Under these regulations it may be necessary for Enview to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its software and technology to certain persons. Enview also complies with applicable U.S. sanctions laws and regulations, which can restrict Enview’s ability to employ certain persons subject to U.S. sanctions.
Enview at a glance
Enview focuses on Enterprise Software, Energy, Cloud Computing, Analytics, and Machine Learning. Their company has offices in San Francisco and California. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Enview has raised $20.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.