Enlitic uses deep learning to make doctors faster and more accurate
Senior Deep Learning Research Engineer
Enlitic is on the verge of transforming patient care by bridging human and artificial intelligence to identify medical issues earlier and more accurately. We were founded in San Francisco in 2014 and our team has since expanded to New York, Vancouver, Canada, and Melbourne, Australia.
We believe that our ground-breaking work will help save time, money, and most importantly, lives - a belief shared by our investors who have fueled our work with $55 million to date. We have also garnered the attention of CNN, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Inc. and Fortune among other global media outlets, and we were named one of the smartest AI companies by MIT Tech Review.
At Enlitic, our Deep Learning Research Engineers are both Researchers and Engineers. We’re a highly collaborative and as part of our growing team, you will play a key role in building and developing our tools from the ground up.
The exciting things you will get to:
- Your primary mission is to put deep learning algorithms into practice, while growing your own expertise in deep learning
- Run experiments to test hypotheses with the team members including MDs, Researchers and Engineers
- You will get to participate in writing and crafting research publications and share-out in reading groups
- Attend, and sometimes speak or present at, some of the best medical and tech conferences in the world
- You will have independent responsibility for one or two modeling projects
- Participate in a feedback loop to figure out the ways we can use deep learning to maximize the impact on patient care
The experience and qualifications we hope you bring to the position:
- Must have at least 3 years work experience and a PhD or 5 years work experience and a Master's Degree
- Math background (calculus, linear algebra, statistics)
- Prior deep learning experience is required
- Must have experience in either computer vision OR natural language processing (NLP)
- Project experience, either from industry or research (not course project, but paper making project)
- You have strong coding skills, and can work in languages ranging from Python to C++ in a team development environment
- You are familiar with scientific computing and systems and have quick model prototyping experience in TensorFlow (preferred)/PyTorch/Theano with GPUs
- Major Bonus: Medical imaging background, clinical or healthcare experience, publications (ICML, NeurIPS, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, MICCAI, MIDL), a developed Github to share, awards in healthcare related competitions
We celebrate diversity at our company and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, or disability status. We understand that to hire the best talent, we need to search the globe. We encourage our employees to be themselves and require tolerance and acceptance among our diverse talent.
We offer premium medical, dental, vision and FSA options for all full-time employees including 100% sponsored dental, vision and life insurance, and a 99% employer sponsored health platinum plan for employees, and a 70% employer sponsored health option for dependents.
401k including matching at 100% of employee contributions up to 10% of the employee's salary.
We offer all full-time employees equity as part of their compensation package so we can all share in the success and growth of the company.
Meals and snacks
Our office is stocked with healthy and delicious snacks, and lunch is catered three times a week with customizable options for those with dietary restrictions.
Enlitic has a generous PTO policy, including unlimited vacation, 11 observed annual holidays, generous paid parental leave and flexible WFH days.
Every employee can reimburse up to $180 per month for wellness expenses including gym and exercise memberships, massage, and sporting equipment. We also have a dog friendly office.
Pre-taxed commuter benefits offered with the ability to use funds for monthly parking passes and mass commuting options like public transit (BART, CalTrain, MUNI etc), Uber Pool/Lyft Line, and Chariot to name a few.
Learning & development
Along with group collaborations, conferences and seminars, we have machine learning reading groups three times a week, and our clinical staff delivers regular lectures on various medical topics.
We enjoy team outings once a quarter. Past events include trampoline dodgeball, a glass making lesson, and a flying trapeze workshop.
Enlitic at a glance
Enlitic focuses on Pharmaceuticals, Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, and Image Recognition. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Toronto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Enlitic has raised $15M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2015.