Enlitic uses deep learning to make doctors faster and more accurate
Senior Data Engineer
Enlitic is on the verge of transforming patient care by bridging human and artificial intelligence to identify medical issues earlier and more accurately. We were founded in San Francisco in 2014 and our team has since expanded to New York, Vancouver, Canada, and Melbourne, Australia.
We believe that our ground-breaking work will help save time, money, and most importantly, lives - a belief shared by our investors who have fueled our work with $55 million to date. We have also garnered the attention of CNN, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Inc. and Fortune among other global media outlets, and we were named one of the smartest AI companies by MIT Tech Review.
Enlitic is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join the Engineering team to support next generation AI enhanced medical diagnostics. The engineering team builds large distributed components that run Enlitic's platform. The Enlitic platform strives to redefine performance in terms of scale and latencies. The engineering team does everything from designing scalable data storage, to building out software components and internal infrastructure tools. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
The exciting things you will get to do:
- Design and manage large scale data systems
- Define and collaborate on data schema construction and implementation
- Work closely with Backend Engineering and Modeling to optimize data ingestion, indexes, and data architecture and schema design
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Support remote data ETL for deployments to partners and clients
- Ability to collaborate on tackling complex problems on a mission driven product
The experience and qualifications we hope you bring to the position:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years coding experience in Python or another language with a desire to work with Python predominantly
- 5+ years experience architecting/managing big data stores (Petabytes)
- Experience managing PostgreSQL databases
- Proven experience in ETL and data optimization
- 2+ years' experience with big data processing tools such as Apache Spark, MapReduce, Hive, HDFS, or Hadoop
Bonuses- Hands-on experience working with containers e.g. Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working with Cloud Computing platforms e.g. AWS
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Jupyter Notebooks, D3.js, or Plotly
- Experience with Apache Airflow
We celebrate diversity at our company and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, or disability status. We understand that to hire the best talent, we need to search the globe. We encourage our employees to be themselves and require tolerance and acceptance among our diverse talent.
We offer premium medical, dental, vision and FSA options for all full-time employees including 100% sponsored dental, vision and life insurance, and a 99% employer sponsored health platinum plan for employees, and a 70% employer sponsored health option for dependents.
401k including matching at 100% of employee contributions up to 10% of the employee's salary.
We offer all full-time employees equity as part of their compensation package so we can all share in the success and growth of the company.
Meals and snacks
Our office is stocked with healthy and delicious snacks, and lunch is catered three times a week with customizable options for those with dietary restrictions.
Enlitic has a generous PTO policy, including unlimited vacation, 11 observed annual holidays, generous paid parental leave and flexible WFH days.
Every employee can reimburse up to $180 per month for wellness expenses including gym and exercise memberships, massage, and sporting equipment. We also have a dog friendly office.
Pre-taxed commuter benefits offered with the ability to use funds for monthly parking passes and mass commuting options like public transit (BART, CalTrain, MUNI etc), Uber Pool/Lyft Line, and Chariot to name a few.
Learning & development
Along with group collaborations, conferences and seminars, we have machine learning reading groups three times a week, and our clinical staff delivers regular lectures on various medical topics.
We enjoy team outings once a quarter. Past events include trampoline dodgeball, a glass making lesson, and a flying trapeze workshop.
Enlitic at a glance
Enlitic focuses on Pharmaceuticals, Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, and Image Recognition. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Toronto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Enlitic has raised $15M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2015.