On a mission to make the world a better place for animals, it's people and the environment
Technical Project Manager$24k – $50k • No equity
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic Technical PM to join our company to assist us in developing both Fintech, ecommerce and mobile applications. The individual can work remotely or on the Isle of Man. The successful applicant will collaborate closely with our teams at Vivid Unity and Behind The Chain as well as our global team across the company.
Below are some common duties typically expected of you including the following:
Understand Needs - You must fully comprehend the project’s objectives. Doing so involves talking with the client to grasp what the final product should look like, what time frame is satisfactory, and how much money is budgeted. You will be fully supported by our key executives and software developers to get their input.
Create a Plan - You will be a core part of turning the desires of our clients into technical requirements that software developers understand. Breaking down the various elements involved in getting the work done, such as producing a timetable, assigning tasks to team members, and developing checkpoints for progress.
Serve as a Liaison - As a source of consistency throughout projects, you will field questions and provide information for everyone involved. You may serve as a go-between when a client has a new demand or the tech department wants to make a change. Providing status reports to all interested parties is another important responsibility.
Ensure Results - As part of the creation process, tests must be performed on software to see how it measures up to expectations. You will help determine what tests should be run and inspect the results for quality including presenting a beta version to clients and select others for feedback.
Resource Allocation - You will look for ways to improve operations. Aiming to do things better, faster, and cheaper whenever possible but without sacrificing quality.
Follow Up - When the software is fully developed, you will deliver it to the client as well as assisting in training users or writing instruction manuals. Periodically, you will need to check in to see how the software is performing and answer any questions.
- At least 5 years of previous experience as an IT Team Leader.
- Estimate project budgets and time schedules
- Detect Risks and possible solutions in advance
- Monitor Performance and be accountable for it
- Understand and plan project/client’s requirements
- Know different workflow approaches and understand Agile environments and their elements.
- Be able to communicate effectively both in technical and non-technical terms so that any side can understand
- Keep team members working without stoppers and motivated
- Ensure code quality and test each finished deliverable to grant the best possible experience bot at the clients & users side and for coders.
Hands-on experience and Dev skills:
- Knowledge of the Django Framework and Python
- Experience with Hybrid Mobile APP Development (Cordova, Phonegap, React Native..)
- Experience coding and running tests, granting a good coverage
- Experience and knowledge of Linux servers management
- Experience building and publishing APP versions
- Experience with React Native
- Scrum or PM certification
- Coaching experience
- Problem-solving attitude
- Highly motivated and committed to his work
- Be collaborative and ready to share skills among the company
Engine Room at a glance
Engine Room focuses on Mobile, Social Media, Games, Fin Tech, and Blockchain / Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in Argentina, London, Montreal, Poland, and Ukraine. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://ourengineroom.com