Personalized Spatial Audio for Gaming and Entertainment
Full Stack Engineer Intern$70k – $78k • No equity
Embody is an audio lifestyle startup in downtown San Mateo operating in the space of Music, eSport, PC and VR Gaming experience and content production. We are a team of researchers, engineers, musicians and gamers who came together through passion for audio. We are developing technologies at the intersection of Acoustics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to craft synesthetic sound to elevate human sensory experiences.
Our mission to bring personalized auditory immersion to the center of our technology driven lives. Be it gaming, music, fitness, interactions or conversations, an auditory reality like no other is what we are set to accomplish.
We offer competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday music jam sessions, onsite Yoga classes, and a strong focus on a healthy lifestyle. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to the world of entertainment, and—above all—have fun while doing it.
At Embody, we are looking for highly motivated full-stack engineer intern (with more focus on front-end) who wants to do meaningful work that will directly impact the business while gaining first-hand experience working at an early stage startup. As a full stack engineer, you will be involved with core developer's team and deploy features at a fast paced rate (e.g. 2 days).
More, you will be:
- Involved in developing client products (end-to-end) involving features related to AI (machine learning), Audio and User Experience
- Make contributions in taking e-commerce products from marketing concepts to real implementation
- Able to contribute across different parts of stacks such as, presentation (front-end), business logic (back-end) and database
- Able to learn different technologies used for full-stack such as, Node.js, Django, React, Nginx.
- Involved in different parts of software development life-cycles: planing a project, software system design, writing automated tests, rapid prototyping
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant, 1+ year of experience on web development is good to have.
- Solid experience with web technologies: HTML, CSS, Boostrap/W3.CSS, jQuery, REST APIs
- Familiarity with E-commerce platforms such as, Shopify, BigCommerce; and Payment Gateway implemetations such as Stripe, Braintree
- Familiarity with backend frameworks: Flask, Django, Node.js, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Nginx
- Familiarity with web infrastructure deployment and scaling using AWS as cloud platform
- Ambitious, curious, gritty, and a go-getter attitude. This is what helps you succeed in a startup environment! You don't need to have best of every required skills. Bring an attitude of learning and you are good!
You will be working in an open space startup office with a friendly neighborhood. Due to COVID-19, we are working remotely until everything settles down. We are flexible to full-time conversion.
Meet your team
Embody at a glance
Embody focuses on Machine Learning, Audio, Augmented Reality, and Virtual Reality. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.embodyvr.co/