Fight fraud. give your customers the experience they deserve
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer that will be working with a team of talented engineers who enjoy wearing multiple hats, thrive in a rapidly-changing entrepreneurial environment, and have the capacity to be a significant contributor to a tightly dedicated and focused team building Emailage’s next-generation fraud platform.
- Design, implement, support, and scale server architecture on AWS using infrastructure-as-code to provide fast and reliable services to a rapidly growing customer base.
- Building and maintaining continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Open to learning new technologies and new problem domains.
- Provide application support including problem research, analysis, and resolution.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Make sure we are following all the security guidelines and procedures.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company; scope and create automation for deployment.
- Represent the operations team in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services.
- Passionate and obsessive about security, quality, efficiency, and the customer.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment, both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to participate in 24×7 on-call rotation and perform after-hours support, as needed.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures.
- Strong knowledge of at least one scripting language including but not limited to Bash, Powershell, Python.
- Experience of at least one programming language including but not limited to Golang, C#.
- Minimum 4+ years of managing services in an internet-scale *nix / Windows environment.
- Be extremely comfortable using git for all scripts, configurations, and application code.
- Good knowledge of creating and maintaining high available and scalable cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in designing Amazon Web Services architecture for fault tolerance, scale, and cost.
- Experience in automating processes and deployments in AWS using CloudFormation, CodeDeploy.
- Strong experience with AWS services, including but not limited to ELB (ALB, NLB), VPC, Systems Manager, CloudWatch, Service Catalog, IAM, S3.
- Good understanding of Security Groups, VPC flows, IAM, Certificate Manager.
- Strong experience with container technologies including but not limited to Docker, ECS, Kubernetes.
- Experience in ensuring high-security integration for governance and compliance.
- Ability to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership, and work closely with others to drive operational improvement.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to correlate system behaviors based on known interdependencies between those systems.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, technology or related field or equivalent experience.
Emailage at a glance
Emailage focuses on SaaS, E-Commerce, Payments, Machine Learning, and Real Time. Their company has offices in London and Chandler. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Emailage has raised $3.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.