Fight fraud. give your customers the experience they deserve
Software Engineer (Dublin)
Emailage is seeking a talented programmer and technology evangelist to join our fast-growing Dublin Team. You will be responsible for architecting, implementing, and delivering scalable and robust enterprise software solutions. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can handle several competing priorities and will show a breadth of knowledge in advanced technology patterns and best practices. Above all, we seek an eagerness to learn new things while staying abreast of emerging industry trends and platforms.
- Design and build next-generation systems infrastructure to help Emailage scale and support its rapid growth.
- Advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process.
- Make work easier by shortening feedback loops and leveraging detailed telemetry.
- Application support including problem research, analysis, and resolution.
- Complete documentation and adhere to all development and implementation standards in accordance with IT Standards and Procedures.
- Effective collaboration with teams in other time zones.
- Must have 5+ years of experience doing complex full-stack development. Experience in all tiers with at least one area of strong expertise
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience.
- Good understanding of modern distributed systems and their challenges
- Ability to define, collect and interpret telemetry data correctly
- Open to learning new technologies and new problem domains
- Eager code reviewer and an excellent communicator.
- Strong knowledge of the C# & .NET technology stack.
- Knowledge of other enterprise-grade languages, including a functional one
- Good understanding of Docker.
- Passionate and obsessive about security, quality, efficiency and the customer
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-time zone environment.
- Able to work both independently and in a group environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, technology, or in the field of equivalent experience.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo
Bonus Points For:
- Familiarity with functional programming.
- Knowledge of languages like Haskell, F#, Scala, Erlang.
- Experience with Amazon AWS or equivalent cloud platform (Azure or GCP) NoSQL database experience (DynamoDB, Cosmos DB)Knowledge of actors and virtual actors (Akka/Akka.NET, Play, Microsoft Orleans)
- Asynchronous and multithreaded application development
- Knowledge of web standards and best practices for observability, performance, and accessibility (e.g. the twelve-factor app).
Emailage at a glance
Emailage focuses on SaaS, E-Commerce, Payments, Machine Learning, and Real Time. Their company has offices in London and Chandler. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Emailage has raised $3.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.