Think out of the Bank®
Lead Backend Developer 👩💻👨💻🇫🇷🇧🇪€70k – €80k • 0.5% – 1.0%
We're looking for a Lead Backend Developer who will take part in building the next-generation of banking products. A person with the expertise of building from the ground up a platform that will handle thousands of transactions at scale. We expect our Tech Leads to be versatile and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push innovation forward.
At Elyps, we encourage all our employees to have an effective positive attitude that shows we all care about each others' concerns, finding the way to tackle challenges in the best way possible as we keep moving forward with our mission of building one of the most secure and scalable banking products within the FinTech space.
What your day will look like
- You will leverage and take ownership of our web applications, shipping complex new features at high velocity and high quality to improve Elyps' product offering.
- You will drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience, identifying and leading the way of front-end best practices at Elyps.
- You will work with different teams across the organization, to make sure our backend fit nicely within the infrastructure, and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from scratch.
- As we scale, you will build and mentor a team of highly skilled developers, creating a low stress, growth-oriented culture.
- You will own product quality and impact to our customers by listening to our customer's feedback and work with your team to create solutions that will have the highest impact
- You will identify training and development opportunities for your team, encouraging them to be the best version of themselves.
- You build tools for yourself and others to increase efficiency and to make hard or repetitive tasks easy and quick.
- You will continuously explore new technologies that will delight the user experience of Elyps customers, being at the forefront of a rapidly changing digital environment.
What you’ll bring
- You have years of experience building and operating large-scale distributed systems, working in agile software development environments.
- You have substantial experience in an object-oriented programming language and web development and proven experience of automated testing and TDD.
- You have worked in an agile team and have understanding of cloud platforms, CI/CD and you are not afraid of deploying and operating your applications.
- You have experience building and mentoring teams of skilled developers creating innovative and forward-thinking digital products for consumers.
- You want to work in a startup environment because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything.
- You like to take ownership of your work and you are accountable for it.
Pension & private health
Pension plan Private Health Insurance
We double your gross salary with stock options
All members become shareholders
Biannual equity bonuses + Upon registration, all members become shareholders, for free
1 day of remote work per week
5 to 10 days off in addition to the statutory holidays
Roll with the latest Apple MacBook and 27' screen with comfort view and with a free elyps Premium subscription
elyps at a glance
elyps focuses on Financial Services, Information Technology, Payments, Mobile Payments, and Customer Service. Their company has offices in London, Paris, Brussels, Brussels, and Villefranche-de-Rouergue. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, elyps has raised $2.9M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.