Biological Big Data Platform For Drug Discovery
Technical Content Writer- Intern₹1.8L – ₹3L • No equity
At Elucidata, our mission is to break barriers to using biomedical data to discover better drugs, faster. We want to create a future in which data and information transform and accelerate biomedical discovery and improve health and health care. Our product, Polly helps R&D labs across pharma companies to analyze biomedical data faster and better.
We started as a bioinformatics services company in 2015 and in 2018 started the journey to productize this service. We launched Polly, our AI-enabled SaaS platform in April 2019 and are scaling it up, democratizing access to biomedical data for researchers all over the world. Polly enables scientists to get to better answers faster. It is being used at Fortune 500 companies such as Pfizer and Genentech, and at leading academic labs at Yale, MIT, UCLA.
If you are excited about building and scaling a product that has the potential to transform an industry on the cusp of data explosion, then we assure you that this is an opportunity you will thoroughly enjoy.
Think you have seen big-data problems?
Biomedical data will outpace data generated by YouTube and Twitter combined in the next 5 yrs. 1 experiment can produce TBs of data. A single sequenced human genome is 140 GBs. 20 petabytes of information exist in only one data repository. And this repository doubles every year. We're solving these challenges combining scientific understanding, big-data analytics and scalable cloud computing infrastructure.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced technical writer with a creative mindset to join our marketing team to create content for marketing campaigns and external communications. The writer should be able to simplify the science and technical features for our target audience (scientists, biologists, bioinformaticians working in R&D labs across pharma companies). We value collaboration and expect the candidate to interact with our team of developers, product managers, and data scientists to produce clear, coherent content. Sample projects include -
- Case study of a customer that explains how they have benefited from Polly
- White paper on the advantages of using cloud computing for biomedical research and drug discovery
- Technical note on the data and technology stack behind Polly … and many more
- As the primary person responsible for creating content for the company, you will be integral to the success of the marketing function.
- Write articles, technical notes, white papers, and case studies using client projects, literature search, secondary research etc.
- Create well-written, authoritative, technically accurate, and creatively conceived content for marketing campaigns.
- Author blogs on different drug discovery topics, such as computational biology, life sciences, bioinformatics, new inventions, and discoveries.
- Collaborate with other teams (product, engineering, data science) to develop an understanding of the product and customers.
- Masters or PhD in Life Sciences/ Biology/ Biotechnology. Basic knowledge of bioinformatics and omics data analysis will be a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience in technical content writing, especially in the field of Healthcare or related domain.
- Ability to write in a variety of tones, on a variety of subjects, within different verticals.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong research skills.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
It’s a plus if you are someone who
- understands the target audience.
- is social media savvy.
- has excellent storytelling skills and a creative ability to generate content ideas.
Perks of working with us
- Autonomy to work from home. Only one rule - get things done!
- Opportunity to work with a talented team on a challenging problem.
- Sponsorship to relevant tech conferences that you would like to attend.
Logistics of Internship
- 4 Months Internship
- Remote Work
- PPO offer based on Performance during Internship
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.