Biological Big Data Platform For Drug Discovery
Data Curation Intern (Biology)No salary
Our mission is to use data to speed-up the drug discovery process. Our products & services further the understanding of how diseased cells are different from healthy ones. This helps scientists discover new drugs in a more effective manner and complements the move towards personalization.
Think you have seen big-data problems?
Biological big data will outpace data generated by YouTube and Twitter combined by 10x in the next 7 yrs. 1 experiment can produce TBs of data. A single sequenced human genome is 140 GBs. 20 petabytes of information exist in only one data repository. And this repository doubles every year. We're solving these challenges combining web technologies, big-data analytics, and scalable cloud computing infrastructure.
Our Platform, Polly enables scientists to get to better answers faster. Polly is being used at multiple Fortune 500 companies like Pfizer; and leading academic labs at Yale, MIT, UCLA, etc.
Elucidata is seeking Interns for its Biocuration efforts. In this role, you will get the opportunity to apply your understanding of Biological Experiments to build the world’s largest curated Gene Expression Database.
- Understanding publicly available data, their experimental design, the tissue used, underlying health condition and other relevant metadata
- Curation of public and proprietary data to a standard format for insight generation
- Maintaining curation quality and preparing the data for downstream machine learning algorithms
- B.Tech (2nd Year or above)/M.Sc/M.Tech in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, or related technical discipline
- Ability to read and interpret journal papers.
- Prior experience with Biological experiments is a big plus.
- Please note that we value interest over qualifications.
- Certificate of internship
- Authorship opportunity in published research on satisfactory contributions
- Recommendations to reputed organizations/universities based on the research contributions
- A chance of job interview at Elucidata in the future (when the student is about to graduate)
- Talks with scientific leaders in the field
- No. of Positions: 10
- Duration: 2 months
- Location: Work from home