Biological Big Data Platform For Drug Discovery
06 months Software Developer Internship₹1.2L – ₹1.8L
Our mission is to use data to speed-up the drug discovery process. Our products & services further the understanding of how diseased cells are different from healthy ones. This helps scientists discover new drugs in a more effective manner and complements the move towards personalization.
Think you have seen big-data problems?
Biological big data will outpace data generated by YouTube and Twitter combined by 10x in the next 7 yrs. 1 experiment can produce TBs of data. A single sequenced human genome is 140 GBs. 20 petabytes of information exist in only one data repository. And this repository doubles every year. We're solving these challenges combining web technologies, big-data analytics and scalable cloud computing infrastructure.
Our platform, Polly, will be the Google Map of cells. Polly enables scientists to get to better answers faster. Polly is being used at multiple Fortune 500 companies like Pfizer; and leading academic labs at Yale, MIT, UCLA, etc.
● Work on planning API for different applications and be involved in their smooth integration with the frontend.
● Work on database creation, integration, and management using different databases.
● Ability to manage requirements and coordinate with designers and data scientists & Product teams.
● Deploy applications on AWS servers using a docker solution.
● Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
● Maintain, contribute and adhere to our programming best practices and guidelines.
● Undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or Computer Science
●Should have worked with any of the web-development frameworks like Angular, Flask, Django.
● Understanding of web architecture and single page application.
● Knowledge of different databases such as MySQL and Postgres.
● Prior knowledge about docker solutions and AWS servers is a plus.
● Ability to perform in a fast-paced,deadline-driven environment.
● Understanding of version control system such as git and working in agile methodologies would be a big plus.
Perks of working with us:
● Letter of recommendation based on your performance
● 5 days per week
● Access to technical advisors and gurus
● PPO can be offered.
*Bonus marks for a relevant cover letter.