Biological Big Data Platform For Drug Discovery
Our mission is to use data to speed-up the drug discovery process. Our products & services further the understanding of how diseased cells are different from healthy ones. This helps scientists discover new drugs in a more effective manner and complements the move towards personalization.
Think you have seen big-data problems?
Biological big data will outpace data generated by YouTube and Twitter combined by 10x in the next 7 yrs. 1 experiment can produce TBs of data. A single sequenced human genome is 140 GBs. 20 petabytes of information exist in only one data repository. And this repository doubles every year. We're solving these challenges combining web technologies, big-data analytics and scalable cloud computing infrastructure.
Our platform, Polly, will be the Google Map of cells. Polly enables scientists to get to better answers faster. Polly is being used at multiple Fortune 500 companies like Pfizer; and leading academic labs at Yale, MIT, UCLA, etc.
About our Product team
As a QA Engineer, you will be monitoring the quality of software development at Elucidata and make sure that every step in the process adheres to the standard set by the product team and the client so that we deliver a quality product to the end-user.
Our product team is committed to staying ahead of our users’ needs. We are forward thinkers with attention to detail. We are adaptable, persistent, and thrive in ambiguity. Things change quickly in our world and you’ll need to keep up! We are geeks who love science and take pride in it :)
What would you do?
●Own the quality of our products
● Set up test environments
● Formulate test plans and generate test cases for every workflow
● Get involved in identifying, recording, documenting and tracking issues
● Coordinate with different teams (e.g. developers and product and project managers) to
ensure the quality of deliverables. Should be an excellent team player.
● Help us in tracking quality assurance measures, like defect densities and open defect
count, fix-rate, regression counts, etc
● Automate testing for increased coverage
You should apply if you have -
● Have experience in testing customer-facing products
● Undergraduate degree in Life Sciences/Biotech/Bioinformatics/Computational Biology or Computer Science or a related field
● Good verbal and written communication skills
● Logical reasoning and mathematical proficiency
● Hands-on experience with testing automation technologies like Selenium
● Hands-on with test automation scripting languages (like Python/R or similar others)
● Hands-on experience in testing data-rich applications and visualizations (Preferable)
Perks of working with us -
- Of course, we understand our employees’ needs and comforts and we try our best to provide them with the best work environment.
- Breakfast, evening snacks, and custom made desi chai from our kitchen
- Dedicated space for afternoon naps
- Flexibility to pursue hobbies or other interests
- A sports area to boost your energy
- Sponsorship to tech conferences that you would like to attend
- Access to technical advisors and gurus
- Long weekends every once in a while to let you escape to the hills
Compensation is negotiable and competitive with the market standards.