High quality instruction. effective collaboration with colleagues. great student outcomes
Product Support Specialist
About You:We are looking for the next Product Support Specialist to join our mission of providing impactful and efficient support to our partners. The Product Support team works closely with educators, administrators and other district stakeholders to help them maximize the tools Ellevation offers to better serve their EL student population. We deliver thoughtful and efficient solutions to our partners by combining communication skills, such as active listening, with technological skills such as Excel, JIRA and SQL. Additionally, we work every day to leverage and improve our internal resources to consistently improve and scale support for our growing user base.
We are looking for:* *
Troubleshooters: You have a penchant for problem-solving and diagnosing the break in the chain. You approach complicated situations with a critical eye and are excited by reaching resolutions. When confronted with an issue, you are willing to spend time narrowing down possibilities to find the best solution, and can find root causes of issues as well as their concrete effects. You are eager to learn new skills in order to solve complex challenges.
Teachers: You are an efficient and empathetic communicator, able to maintain a patient and professional tone when working through challenges with others. You have a knack for breaking down complicated workflows and are able to highlight important takeaways to ensure a successful delivery with each interaction. You are able to give and receive feedback constructively. Additionally, you strive to keep our mission at the forefront of your everyday work.
Self-learners: You are forever curious and are excited by learning new things. You have a desire to continuously learn about Ellevation and our mission, technology, software products, and service behaviors. You are consistently interested in leveraging and developing your ability to adapt and stay organized in ambiguous environments.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Become familiar with Ellevation, including our organizational structure, culture and values.
- Learn about our product offerings and feel confident navigating the Ellevation platform.
- Setup and familiarize yourself with our internal tools and communication norms (Slack, GSuite, Jira/Wiki)
- Attend cross-team overviews and partner calls to further understand the teams we collaborate with and how we support our partners.
- Begin responding to simple partner requests in Zendesk with support from team members.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Start to investigate district data files and identify the root cause of issues. Partner with the data team to resolve data issues.
- Begin to respond to more complex customer requests with support from team members.
- Lead your first phone/video calls with users to gain additional context on ticket requests.
- Troubleshoot product defects and write your first bug tickets for follow up by the engineering team.
- Learn about regional compliance workflows and how they impact customer needs.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Help Implement projects to optimize workflows, develop team resources and foster cross-team collaboration
- Understand user challenges and deliver feedback and/or feature improvement requests to the proper internal teams
- Independently address workflow configuration requests and complex data troubleshooting.
- Take weekly shifts on our internal help-desk Slack channel to assist internal teams with bug troubleshooting and reporting
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Ellevation’s evolving features and offerings.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of regional workflows and timelines.
- Able to skillfully manage and prioritize a large number of requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with a wide range of user personalities and backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to clearly explain complex technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Able to respond professionally and calmly to customers in difficult or emotional situations.
- Comfortable working with technology and able to quickly learn new technologies and software tools.
- Adept at collaborating with internal teams to resolve customer requests and other issues.
- A passion for education and an interest in contributing to a mission-centered company focused on improving student outcomes.
- Previous experience and proven success in customer support or related role.
- Familiarity with Excel and/or SQL. Genuine interest and fluency in technology.
8 weeks paid parental leave for new parents, plus adoption benefits
Competitive salaries & bonus plans
Competitive salaries & bonus plans
Great location in boston
a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
Flexible work schedules
Ellevation Education at a glance
Ellevation Education focuses on SaaS, Education, Language Learning, Software, and Education Technology. Their company has offices in Boston. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Ellevation Education has raised $22.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.
You can view their website at http://ellevationeducation.com