Utility customer engagement through energy insights
Account Director Italy$60k – $120k
How would you feel to start every day at a company that aims to accelerate the clean energy transition by transforming how we interact with energy in our everyday lives?
Eliq is a market leading, fast-growing Swedish tech company providing energy suppliers with a software platform that enables their end-customers to better manage their energy consumption and access new energy services.
Currently, we serve 15+ utilities with our SaaS service, energy analytics, white-label mobile apps and self-service portals, enabling millions of consumers to understand and manage their energy usage. We're now looking to add an experienced account director to our team to accelerate the growth in Europe.
As an Account Director, you will be our growth player in the Italian region and responsible for the strategic development and growth of Eliq’s platform solution.
The role will work closely with the company’s founders and management, reporting directly to the VP of Sales at the Swedish Headquarters. You will be evolving our customer relationships and nurturing new ones as well as helping to develop and deliver short and long-term strategies to achieve budgeted revenue growth for the Italian region.
Eliq offers you:
- The leading sustainability & energy engagement platform in Europe,
- New scalable business model, ready and rolled out,
- The leading utilities have already chosen Eliq’s solution as their platform to engage with their end-customer and expand their business and service offering,
- Sales pipeline initiated,
- Superb opportunity for a growth minded top talent to scale the offering and business model.
What we expect from you in order to succeed:
You have an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to work independently in an international working environment. You think and act with curiosity, creativity and a growth mindset.
You want you to help our clients (energy retailers) to offer smart digital tools to change the way people interact with energy and accelerate the green energy transition.
Examples of key responsibilities are:
- Identify and develop leads to new business,
- Define customer needs to position Eliq products and services effectively in the market and ensure revenue target is achieved,
- Develop presentation materials with help from the team,
- Manage and help to close business opportunities through direct sales activates with help from the sales team,
- Represent Eliq at relevant conferences and tradeshows and ensure proper positioning of the company’s products and services.
- 6+ years of working experience, with a focus in B2B sales or business development, in one or more of the following industries: Energy ICT business, Energy & Utility business, Facility Management business, Utility SaaS or SaaS Sales,
- Highly motivated with a Energy industry C-level network and proven ability to close deals,
- Ability to adjust quickly to a changing environment and to bring significant new ideas to this arena demonstrating flair and imagination,
- Confidence and poise to initiate conversations with senior management of prospective customers,
- Excellent communication skills in Italian and English (other European languages may also be of value).
You are located in Italy and are able to lead the business growth for Eliq locally.
This is a home based role, but you will need to have the ability to travel widely, primarily within your country, and at short notice as required to fulfil the job role.
- You are probably frustrated being part of a large business with little head-room and too much office-politics!
- You want to be able to make an impact and not have your ideas filtered through multiple layers of bureaucracy,
- You are driven by a desire for personal fulfillment; you want to make a difference!
Attractive basic salary, plus results based incentive, paid holidays, pension and expenses. Alternatively employed as a sales consultant if preferred.
Do you want to be a part of shaping a sustainable energy future? We look forward to your application! Submit your covering letter and a link to your Linkedin profile to email@example.com
30th July 2020
Meet your team
Eliq at a glance
Eliq focuses on Energy Efficiency, Machine Learning, Energy Management, and Mobile Application. Their company has offices in London and Göteborg. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Eliq has raised $4M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2017.