Point of Care Microlearning, as a Service. Bite-sized training and communication at your fingertips
Lead Front-End Engineer$110k – $130k • 0.1% – 0.5%
Are you mission driven, looking for an exciting opportunity that brings meaning and value beyond "the work"? Elemeno's platform uses technology to give frontline healthcare providers the knowledge they require to provide consistent care AND save lives.
Inconsistency in healthcare is a huge problem, resulting in medical error (the #3 cause of death in the U.S.) and massive waste.
Elemeno Health is a UCSF and YC (S16) backed B2B SaaS for healthcare facilities. Point of care microlearning as a service, customized to support frontline staff with bite-sized training and communication at their fingertips. Drive practice consistency at scale, reducing costs, increasing safety and improving outcomes. We are deployed in hospitals, post-acute care, and clinic systems nationally.
While tackling one of the biggest problems in healthcare is a challenge, we have proof that our solution works: we are published in peer reviewed medical publications, we, and our clients, have presented at several conferences on medical quality and digital health, and our clients are extending and expanding their contracts and telling their colleagues about us.
We are located in Oakland, CA, close to Fruitvale BART. For more details, visit our website: http://www.elemenohealth.com
This is an opportunity to lead the development of our front-end web applications. This role will include working with our Product and Client teams to identify new functionality, making decisions about our front-end architecture, building out web applications using modern web technologies, and coordinating with back-end engineers to deploy features to our customers.
Within the first week you will:
- learn from our Client Success team how Elemeno is helping front-line healthcare teams,
- walk through our existing application architecture,
- review our product pipeline,
- design, implement, test, and deploy your first code change.
Within the first month you will:
- regularly deploy new features and fixes to our internal and external front-ends,
- take over ownership of front-end technical decisions and systems management,
- evaluate our current applications for possible enhancements and upgrades.
Within the first six months you will:
- hire a junior engineer to expand the front-end engineering team,
- successfully refactor/upgrade existing applications to ensure accessibility, performance and rapid development,
- ensure robust testing for our sites and services,
- work with the rest of the product and back-end engineering teams to map out future features and enhancements.
What we're built in:
- Our front-end stack consists of React (CRA), GraphQL, webpack, babel, and Semantic UI.
- Our test and build processes also utilize Karma, Jest, ESLint, Prettier, and Storybook.
- Our back-end runs on AWS Lambda, Dynamo DB and S3.
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of professional experience building SPAs in a modern framework.
- Extensive knowledge of modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, ES6)
- Shipped a web application from scratch
- Implemented accessibility and cross-browser compatibility best practices
- Experience improving UX through an iterative process
- Some experience in AngularJS would be a bonus, as we complete our transition to React.
- Ideally, some full-stack / back-end experience with AWS or another cloud provider.
- Bay Area preferred, remote open in the US
- Family Friendly, looking for fit over expertise - culture/mission is a priority
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Equity
This position is an at-will position and is subject to complete background check. Regardless of your background or experience, if you believe you possess some of these key traits, please apply. We’d love to hear from you and contact email@example.com
Meet your team
Elemeno Health at a glance
Elemeno Health focuses on Healthcare, Health Care Information Technology, Training, and Health And Safety. Their company has offices in Oakland. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Elemeno Health has raised $3.035M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2018 at a valuation of $10M.