In defense of the doctor-patient relationship. Focus on phenomenal care with a Clinical First EHR
Director of Engineering
Our team is committed to enhancing physician and patient quality of life through Elation, a SaaS cloud-based clinical platform. Since inception, we’ve been focused on building a delightful world-class experience that empowers physicians to deliver phenomenal care to patients.
Elation is looking for a Director of Engineering to lead teams of passionate engineers who are committed to making our providers’ lives easier. As a leader at Elation, you will contribute to the company’s success by growing the engineering team, ensuring effective execution of our projects, and aligning engineering activities to company objectives.
We value diversity - great talent and ideas can come from anywhere! We've built a development team that is distributed across North America and comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. We strongly encourage women and people from under-represented communities to apply. For this particular role, we prefer candidates in North American timezones.
- Manage teams who are responsible for the delivery of new, amazing features to support our physicians and their practices
- Hire, build and support new and existing teams that will report to you
- Work with other teams across the company to build those new features, influence the roadmap by partnering with product and design, as well as with our customer-facing teams
- Hold the team to the highest engineering standards
- Keep the team accountable to producing the results required by the company
- Build a culture of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Provide mentorship to help individual engineers grow in their careers and maximize their impact
- Work alongside technical leads to provide technical guidance and manage execution
- 7+ years experience as a software engineer
- 5+ years managing teams of software engineers (multiple teams, and/or large teams (10+))
- Experience in managing managers
- Strong experience in hiring
- Well acquainted with different agile methodologies and well versed in organizing efficient teams
- Very familiar with JIRA or similar tools
- Resilience to solve hard problems
- Interested in healthcare
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects/solutions
- Deep understanding of the types of problems faced by scaling engineering teams, resulting from a professional product engineering background prior to, or alongside, management
- Prior experience working in a healthcare-focused space
- Expert with JIRA
- Strong sense of structure and processes
- Prior experience working in Amazon Web Services
We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance.
Pay and equity
We offer a meaningful salary and equity package to each member of our team.
Flexible time off
We believe that you should be trusted and empowered to take time off when you need it.
You pick from a selection of meals, and lunch shows up, courtesy of Elation, Monday through Thursday.
We love to have fun together. Join us on regular happy hours and quarterly offsite adventures.
We’re at the stage where every role has a massive impact on our success. Our team is biased toward impact and results.
Elation Health at a glance
Elation Health focuses on Healthcare, Medical, Health Care Information Technology, Personal Health, and Physicians. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Elation Health has raised $15M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2016.