In defense of the doctor-patient relationship. Focus on phenomenal care with a Clinical First EHR
Billing & A/R Manager
Our team is committed to enhancing physician and patient quality of life through Elation, a SaaS cloud-based clinical platform. Since inception, we’ve been focused on building a delightful world-class experience that empowers physicians to deliver phenomenal care to patients. We’ve enjoyed considerable growth and are now looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Billing & A/R Manager.
The Billing & A/R Manager has a crucial role in Elation’s billing operations by building and owning the full end-to-end billing and collections process. The ideal candidate will display an ability to build and execute on KPIs to minimize revenue leakage and provide top notch service to help physician-owned primary care practices and Elation partners resolve billing issues or questions. The Billing & A/R Manager will partner closely with Finance, Customers, and Revenue Operations to maintain accurate customer pricing in Elation’s billing software and establish A/R processes that will scale with the company’s growth.
This role requires excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, change management experience, and the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines. Signals of success include driving down the time it takes to collect on open A/R, injecting process improvement into the existing billing operations workflows and training on/enforcing the new processes, and ensuring a high-quality, consistent billing experience for all Elation customers.
As a Billing & A/R Manager, you will ...
- Set up new customer subscriptions in Elation’s billing platform
- Run regular updates to ensure Elation bills for subscription changes in a timely fashion
- Complete proper reporting and billing/collections for Elation’s enterprise book of business
- Manage promotions, pricing concessions, one-time expenses, and overages
- Run monthly invoicing processes for partners and vendors with pass-through costs.
- Provide visibility into aging A/R to allow support teams to resolve outstanding balances
- Own bad debt process to follow up on failed credit card transactions and dunning for missed payment
- Own and maintain Elation’s policies on Financial Aid and Relief options available to customers
- Identify opportunities for improvement within current-state billing and collections processes, and develop/execute on alternative opportunities to automate or streamline existing processes
- Serve as the customer’s primary contact to thoroughly address billing issues through both verbal and written communication, providing our customers with exceptional customer service
- Previous experience in creating and successfully managing billing and collections processes for B2B businesses
- Previous experience in managing cross-functional process improvement projects from strategy to execution, including development of analytics and KPIs
- Experience with subscription payment platforms (Recurly experience a plus)
- Experience with CRM tools (Salesforce.com experience a plus)
- Experience in creating and analyzing business information (e.g. designing and describing processes, creating business metrics and dashboards)
- Advanced Excel skills
Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
Experience in healthcare, Accounting/Finance, or SaaS is a benefit. Interest in healthcare is required
We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance.
Pay and equity
We offer a meaningful salary and equity package to each member of our team.
Flexible time off
We believe that you should be trusted and empowered to take time off when you need it.
You pick from a selection of meals, and lunch shows up, courtesy of Elation, Monday through Thursday.
We love to have fun together. Join us on regular happy hours and quarterly offsite adventures.
We’re at the stage where every role has a massive impact on our success. Our team is biased toward impact and results.
Elation Health at a glance
Elation Health focuses on Healthcare, Medical, Health Care Information Technology, Personal Health, and Physicians. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Elation Health has raised $15M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2016.