We help people explore and analyze their data differently using the power of search
Sr. Business Systems Analyst, Sales & Marketing
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open-source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We’re currently seeking a highly-skilled systems engineer to provide the business knowledge and technical expertise to implement strategies, evaluate products, and build upon an infrastructure that supports the constantly evolving needs of our customers. In this role, you will work with sophisticated systems both on-prem and cloud, designing, developing, and integrating them at every stage of its life cycle. If you’re reliable in delivering critical infrastructure with an eye toward accessibility, optimization, and security, we’d like to hear from you.
- Maintain a holistic view of all business system processes and users, to understand functional impacts with regard to configuration, process, workflow and reporting.
- Proficient in Salesforce Lightning features and functionality
- Become an authority on our Sales & Marketing suite of tools, leading business reviews with current vendors to optimize value and conducting technical evaluations for new vendors as needed
- Collaborate closely with our Marketing & Sales Enablement teams to reinforce manager expectations in Salesforce across lead qualification, sales activity tracking, and opportunity management
- Develop expertise in Elastic top of funnel process and workflows with solid understanding of impact to business metrics and forecasting
- Experience in creating/updating system documentation including configuration changes, data mapping requirements, functional designs, test cases and enablement plans as needed for the engagement
- Salesforce feature requests and documentation: you will collaborate with analysts and stakeholders to create and prioritize feature requests, and then shepherd them through development and testing.
- Serve as a technical mentor and partner to analysts and stakeholder groups within field operations.
- Assist with system configuration and user setup as needed. You may help set up fields, workflows, roles/permissions, page layouts, custom objects, custom record types, reports, and dashboards.
- Contribute to prioritization of technology efforts across all of the field operations portfolio.
- You are comfortable in a distributed, diverse environment, and are able to work remotely and independently. You prioritize your own tasks and collaborate with others to ensure that work is done in a timely manner, with a sharp eye for quality and scale.
- 5+ years of experience working with Salesforce.com. You have strong past exposure to Marketo or a similar marketing automation tool. You’re also a power-user of Excel, Powerpoint, process documentation tools, and data loaders.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, and you're comfortable interacting with senior leaders. Because of your familiarity with agile development / sprint planning and your understanding of the software development lifecycle, you’re used to negotiating priorities and tradeoffs.
- You have an ability to diagnose and troubleshoot issues with a customer-first, positive approach, and you design with empathy and a mind for simplicity and scale.
- You're an excellent teammate, with the ability to work in a dynamic environment that is fast-paced, where requirements and circumstances evolve quickly. You're more than capable of balancing your daily tasks along with major projects.
- You're self-motivated, able to work remotely and independently.
- Preferred: Salesforce Lightning experience and Reporting & Dashboard experience / Advanced Admin certification
- Preferred: Experience as a business analyst, administrator, project manager, architect, product manager, or in a sales strategy or sales operations role, particularly in support of Sales, Services, or Customer Success / Renewals organizations.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at email@example.com. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement.
Toast to your health
Health coverage for you and your family in many locations.
Minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave.
Craft your calendar
Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
Savo(u)r time for you
Generous number of vacation days each year.
Give back your time
Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
Amplify your impact
Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
Elastic at a glance
Elastic focuses on SaaS, Cloud Computing, Open Source, Search, and Real Time. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Phoenix, Singapore, and London. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Elastic has raised $162M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2016.