Exam prep platform for 400M Indian students (think Netflix but for Education) | Y Combinator W20
QA Engineer (cum Manager)
Think of a building a product that can help someone throughout the day for at least 10 formative years of their life where they continuously improve themselves and have fun while improving themselves each day. EduRev is that product.
Think of us as a Netflix for Education but with strong community and gamification layers.
Our mission is to Deliver the highest quality of education in the most engaging format to every student.
We already have a good start:
- 1 Million+ Downloads of the EduRev App
- 850K+ MAUs across web and app
- 30,000+ users subscribed to our paid plan: EduRev Infinity
- Backed by Y Combinator, prominent founders and funds from across the globe
- Google Play Best App Award, also an Editors’ Choice App
And to get to the next stage of growth, we are looking for a sharp QA Engineer (/ Manager) who has an eye for detail and the tenacity to test the entire EduRev platform to perfection.
*Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate *
- Has 2-5 years of experience working in a product based startup/company
- Understand the creation and implementation of test cases for immediate test scenarios and long term test case strategies.
- BE/B.Tech from Tier 1 college (Computer Science/Relevant Degree) or great set of experience of working in startup(s)/product based companies.
- Knowledge of automation tools like Selenium suite of Tools (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Grid)
- Experience in testing both *Android and iOS, as well as the website *
- Experience in establishing/managing small teams and setting up best practices across engineering units ensuring perfect releases each time.
Qualities that we're looking for
1. Understand User Experience: good understanding of the user experience, ensuring a seamless product journey for users.
2. Grasp Algorithms quickly: great grasp of algorithms. Should be able to understand requirements and test algorithms accordingly.
3. Driven by Data: strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Should be resourceful, innovative and inventive.
4. Excellent logical ability to understand a problem & a creative mindset: creative in approaching the problems following different approaches, mindset, devices, environment, etc.
5. Knows how to prioritize things: know how to prioritize things on the basis of their impact on the product & the company.
6. Empathy towards students: should be open to talking to the users to understand the problem or take regular feedback for product improvement.
7. Quick learner: we have quite a dynamic work atmosphere. You will need to keep pace up with the changing environment.
8. Great Communication Skills: should be able to communicate the ideas to the team and also articulate them for the internal documentation within the team members.
- Create and maintain test plans as the product grows in functionality
- Research, design, and implement the automation framework for tests
- Create processes around the entire testing workflow, all the way from test case management, test data creation, automatic bug captures, test progress measurement etc.
- Define test specifications for functional, integration and performance testing.
- Collaborate with the development team in continuous build & deployment process
- Report test coverage and participate in troubleshooting
In this role you will be responsible for creating optimal test strategy (including functional, non-functional, analytics and automation) and test plans for both short term and long term projects.
Why Should You Join EduRev
1. Opportunity to build a product, that can help someone throughout the day for at least 10 formative years of their life where they continuously improve themselves and have fun while improving themselves each day.
2. Impact the lives of millions of students and eventually change the way education happens in the country/planet, making it much more meaningful.
3. Network & grow, we're backed/funded by Y Combinator & a lot of prominent entrepreneurs in India & the Silicon Valley. You will work with the core team and will have direct access to a lot of great folks invested in our success.
4. Competitive Salary as per market standards and ESOPs ensuring that you grow with the growth of the company. You will be a part of the team and a member of the EduRev Fam.
5. Work with a crazy team of hustlers, entrepreneurs, who are driven by impact, data & feedback. Obsessed with the kind of experience they deliver, who love to continuously experiment to make a dent bigger than the previous one.
Location: Remote (And we will prefer if you are open to relocating to Chandigarh in 2021)
CTC : Competitive Salary (as per the market standards) + ESOPs
We're a product oriented company and our product speaks for itself. Check out the app & website and we would love to discuss your thoughts on how you would like to contribute to Our mission, to deliver the highest quality of education in the most engaging format to every student.
EduRev Android App - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.edurev
Website - edurev.in