Exam prep platform for 400M Indian students (think Netflix but for Education) | Y Combinator W20
Sr. Backend Developer (cum Engineering Manager)
(Like a Netflix for Education with community/gamification layers)
Product that helps students throughout the day for all their student life, improves them and makes learning fun.
If we execute successfully: Schools/Coaching/Colleges would just be meant for sports and networking while we deliver EduRev delivers the perfect learning experience.
Check out our Product:
EduRev Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.edurev
EduRev Website: http://edurev.in/
EduRev iOS App (launched last week): https://apps.apple.com/in/app/edurev/id1529835494
Highlights of our Android app and the website: **
*- 1 Million+ Downloads *of EduRev App
**- 850K+ MAUs
- 40,000+ subscribers
- Backed by Y Combinator, famous founders and funds from across the globe
*- Google Play Best App Award *(India - Education)
We are looking for a fundamentalist & collaborative Sr. Backend Developer (cum Engineering Manager) to join and build along with us.
Who is an Ideal Candidate:
- Has 2-5 years of experience working on a growth stage product, where they first scaled from 0 to 1 and then 1 to n.
- You have studied Computer science (or a similar degree) from a Tier 1 college OR have a great set of experiences working at products that scaled massively.
- You understand product and database architecture like you understand basic Maths and have worked on it for 3 to 7 years. Further, you know how to optimise AWS/GCP for both efficiency and cost.
- You have experience in managing a team and setting up the best processes/practices (1yr+ Engineering Manager experience)
- You are deeply driven for creating an impact. You obsess over doing things the right way, and you enjoy writing beautiful code.
Though technology stack is not the primary concern, we would value some experience in C#/Visual Studio, RDS/MySQL, ElasticSearch, System Architecture and general AWS solutions.
Traits that are important to us:
1. Ownership: Absolute ownership of the product and your code, with relentlessness to deliver with speed and precision.
2. Dynamic & Resourceful: Should be comfortable in dealing with lots of changes in a fast paced environment. Super willing to learn new technologies and systems. And resourceful and inventive in the face of every problem.
3. Deep Love for coding: You write code because you love doing it and not just because it's a job for you.
4. Perfection/Obsession/Hygiene: You deeply understand & achieve perfection in even the 'small' features. And you deeply care about the quality of your code.
5. Good eye for usability & design and willing to put-in extra effort for delivering the best user experience.
6. Creating Algorithms that can change the game: Should understand requirements and design algorithms accordingly.
7. Driven by Data: Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills leveraging/finding all data available.
8. Team player: Keeps the team over themselves. Has a knack for influencing without being authoritative. Goes out of the way to help wherever the team needs them.
- Plan and implement EduRev’s application and data model structures for scalability.
- Maintain central databases, ensure high performance, and respond to requests from the front-end.
- Develop reusable code and libraries for future use. Build for new features and maintaining the present ones.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and troubleshoot and fix bugs/flaws to ensure EduRev applications are running optimally.
- Implement comprehensive security and data protection.
Why You Should Join EduRev
1. Opportunity to build a product, that can help someone throughout the day for at least 10 formative years of their life where they continuously improve themselves and have fun while improving themselves each day.
2. Impact the lives of millions of students and eventually change the way education happens in the country/planet, making it much more meaningful.
3. Network & grow, we're backed/funded by Y Combinator & a lot of prominent entrepreneurs in India & the Silicon Valley. You will work with the core team and will have a direct access to a lot great folks invested in our success.
4. Competitive Salary as per market standards and ESOPs ensuring that you grow with the growth of the company. You will be a part of the team and a member of the EduRev Fam.
5. Work with a crazy team of hustlers, entrepreneurs, who are driven by impact, data & feedback. Obsessed with the kind of experience they deliver, who love to continuously experiment to make a dent bigger than the previous one.
Location: Remote (And we will prefer if you are open to relocating in 2021)
CTC : Competitive Salary (as per the market standards) + ESOPs
We're a product oriented company and our product is the most important to us. Check out the app (& website) and we would love to hear your thoughts on how you would like to contribute to the EduRev mission: the highest quality of education in the most engaging format to every student.