EduMe is the world's leading platform for Workforce Success
Full Stack Developer£35k – £55k
We are hiring for a range of experience levels for this role. We’re looking for Full Stack Developers to join our growing team. These positions will play a vital role in the future of EduMe; you will be working on key features, writing backend and frontend code while collaborating with our designers. To support this type of close collaboration and ownership of features, we have started using the Shape Up methodology created by BaseCamp.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a rapidly scaling start-up at a key stage in its expansion. You’ll be able to establish yourself as a critical part of our growth, to input ideas, have the freedom to act on your instincts, and to leave your mark on EduMe.
Who we are
EduMe is a Workforce Success platform used by modern companies across 6 continents to train, engage and inform their workforce. By having effective learning and relevant information in the palm of their hands, the workforce at companies like Uber, Deliveroo, Deloitte and Vodafone are empowered with the knowledge they need to be successful in their job. This is the goal of Workforce Success. We’re a hyper-growth company that’s changing the way people access and absorb information.
We’ve just raised our Series A funding from Valo Ventures, following a seed round from Connect Ventures. Since launching in 2016, we’ve won numerous awards for innovation and excellence, and were listed by Seedtable as one of the top 100 London start-ups to watch in 2019.
What you’ll do
- Work on how to scale our infrastructure to be ready for use by millions of users
- Build features that allow customers to deliver content in new ways and end-users to engage with it
- Enable the delivery of more personalised and timely content by building relevant integrations
What we’re looking for
- Strong engineering and problem solving skills
- Experience with Node, React and Redux, SQL databases
- Experience writing well-tested code
- Great communication skills
- Experience working in Agile teams
We’d be particularly excited if you have
- Experience scaling and dealing with performance challenges
- Experience delivering high quality React Native features
- Knowledge of good DevOps practices
- Strong end-to-end test automation experience
- Experience and or strong interest in mentoring junior team members
What we're offering at EduMe
- 25 days of annual leave with an option to carry 5 days over to the following year
- Inclusion in the company share option plan: we are all a part of EduMe’s success
- A generous Working from Home budget, designed to set you up for success as we move to a more flexible and remote working policy (please see our response to COVID-19 below)
- An annual Personal Health budget to spend on what’s most important: your mental and physical health
- An annual Personal Learning and Education budget so you can continuously learn and grow in the areas you’re interested in
- A brilliant work space in Chiswick’s Barley Mow Centre
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and drinks for when you’re working in the office
We are committed to building a company with a phenomenal, inclusive culture, and this remains a priority for us as we move to a more remote workforce.
Working at EduMe during COVID-19
As a company, we have been fully remote since March 2020. While we intend to go back into our lovely office in Chiswick’s Barley Mow Centre, we are moving towards a flexible and remote working policy. We offer all employees and new starters a generous Working from Home budget so they’re able to set up the best and most comfortable working environment possible. Additionally, our office is deep cleaned regularly and has Covid-safe protocols to ensure a completely safe working environment should you choose to be on-site.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at EduMe
EduMe is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have built a diverse team and as a company are committed to the unlearning of unconscious bias, diversity and inclusion long-term, which will remain a key focus of ours as we scale. We welcome all applicants, regardless of religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status (and any other status protected by applicable law).
EduMe at a glance
EduMe focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Corporate Training, and Edtech. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, EduMe has raised $6.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2020.