Life where you live
Director of Software Engineering$150k – $200k
ēdn is an innovative consumer tech company reinventing the way people experience nature through plants. We leverage custom software, mobile applications, sustainably designed hardware, and a growing database to create a better future where plants and nature are integrated into our everyday lives.
Our software-powered growing platform enables anyone to have an instant green thumb and grow a variety of plants indoors. We believe the world is a better place when plants are around - for their positive psychological effects, consuming, or just enjoying - plants make people happy, and we make plants happy.
ēdn is seeking an experienced and ambitious Director of Software Engineering that has the ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering high quality code and architecture both on the frontend and backend. This role will lead, build upon, maintain, and own codebases that connect our hardware and software to our customers and internal systems.
You’ll be a part of a small, energetic, growing team of talented and motivated people who enjoy life inside and outside of work. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers unlimited room for growth.
• Build and scale our frontend and backend systems that connect our WiFi enabled gardens and ecommerce platform to our customers
• Design APIs and database schemas
• Work with the product and marketing teams to understand end-user needs, formulate use cases, and translate them into pragmatic and effective technical solutions
• Push the limits of our technology by suggesting new integrations, frameworks, and languages to best serve our customers
• You hold a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a similar field
• Experience in designing REST APIs
• Experience with AWS and basic DevOps
Able to write clear code, as well as communicate and document your work
• Drive projects to completion, on time and to plan
Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
• Desire to lead and scale a team of exceptional engineers
• Interest in gardening and horticulture
• Hardware and IoT product experience
• DevOps experience
• Interest in ML/AI
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
*Your compensation will include meaningful equity ownership.