To empower bodies and minds so employees can focus on their lives with newfound energy
About Eden Health
Eden Health provides simple, tech-enabled primary care sold directly to employers. Our users enjoy immediate access to care over the Eden Health app, in our private clinics, and directly in their offices. We have transformed healthcare from an unpleasant necessity to a delightful experience focused on improving the lives of patients. The proof is in the outcomes; when companies work with us they have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs.
What you will be doing
As a full-time Medical Assistant, you will participate in our in-person day to day operations. You will interact with the clinical, engineering, and operations teams helping with both medical assistance and office management. Excellent candidates will have a passion for providing amazing patient experiences and be eager to work alongside our medical providers to assist with clinical intake and inventory management. This is an in-person role based out of our NYC (Manhattan) medical office locations and requires schedule flexibility. Your shifts will vary within the hours of 7:30am-7:30pm Monday- Friday. This person will report to the Clinical Operations Manager.
What success looks like
- Work collaboratively with clinicians and engineers to provide exceptional in-person primary care, women's health care, and urgent care
- Greet, register, and check-in our patients using our EMR (we use Athena)
- Patient intake including taking and documenting vitals
- Assist with routine laboratory tests - process urine tests, centrifuge blood samples, labeling specimen tubes
- Interact with our laboratory representatives to coordinate pick up and proper storage and handling of specimen
- Assist in the administration of in-office tests and treatments including electrocardiogram (EKG), glucometer and phlebotomy
- Assist providers with ordering correct laboratory orders
- Stock exam room with medical equipment and prep for procedures and tests
- Successful management of our inventory - placing and tracking orders for medical and office equipment
- Interact with our patients through our telehealth platform with follow-ups and care coordination information
- Interact with insurance companies and outside specialists to ensure smooth patient care coordination
What you will bring
- A passion for delivering holistic primary care and supporting patients
- An interest in using technology to deliver revolutionary primary care
- A team-oriented approach to health care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Amazing customer service skills and a patient-oriented mindset
- Positive, professional, and caring presence with patients
- The desire to be part of a fast-moving, cutting-edge startup
- NYS Medical Assistant Certification/Registration or willingness to become certified/registered
Why Eden Health?
- Fast-growing startup backed by leading venture capital firms Greycroft, 645 Ventures, PJC and others
- Exciting product in one of the largest and fastest growing markets in the country
- Mission-driven culture passionate about improving access to healthcare for employees and their families
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO and flexible work with a remote first option
- Awesome team with a great camaraderie - we work hard and have lots of fun!
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: email@example.com.
Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance
Competitive salary and equity compensation package
Weekly happy hours
Passionate about improving access to healthcare for employees and their families
Eden Health at a glance
Eden Health focuses on Mobile, Healthcare, B2B, Personal Health, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Eden Health has raised $14M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.