A leading trading firm providing refined trading strategies
Senior Software Developer | Trading Systems Development$100k – $180k
Senior Software Developer | Trading Systems Development
The Trading Systems Development (TSD) team is responsible for core Java components of Eclipse Trading's derivatives trading system, spanning reference data, pricing, order execution, position management and risk management.
The team is embarking on an exciting program of transformations, including greenfield projects and renovations to existing systems, re-architecting our trading stack around a stream processing paradigm, using Java 11, Kafka and Kafka Streams.
The successful candidate will become a core member of the Trading Systems Development team and help drive a significant technical transformation of our in-house derivatives trading system to support the company’s continued expansion into new products and markets.
- Build the next generation of our trading system through a combination of green-field development with modern technologies and refactoring of existing code bases
- Drive key projects from inception to analysis, design, implementation and delivery
- Partner closely with traders, quants and other development teams
- Design and implement solutions to manage orders and trades, price derivatives and manage risk
- Provide feedback through design and code reviews and mentoring junior developers
- Provide Tier 3 support as needed
What you offer:
- Excellent core Java design and development skills
- 5+ years of development experience in building fault-tolerant, scalable, real-time distributed systems
- Strong believer in automated testing
- University Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
What we offer:
- Attractive benefits package with discretionary bonus
- Life/work balance in a multi-cultural environment with reasonable work hours
- A flat management structure, open communication across departments including Front Office, where everyone is willing to voice his/her opinion and give/take feedback.
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.