The most powerful open trading platform for crypto assets
Growth Associate - Marketing$60k – $130k • 0.1% – 0.2%
At dYdX you'll have an opportunity to build state-of-the-art decentralized technology that will redefine global financial markets. By joining us at this early stage you will make fundamental decisions that will shape the course of dYdX. We prefer passionate quick learners with a history of excellence at top companies and/or universities.
- We've built the world's leading decentralized exchange for lending, borrowing and margin trading Ethereum based assets
- dYdX is founded by an ex-Coinbase, ex-Uber engineer, with a Princeton CS background. Our team has previous experience at Google, Bloomberg, Amazon, Bain, NerdWallet and other top companies
- We're a world-class team with top backers and advisors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, Brian Armstrong, Fred Ehrsam, Naval Ravikant, Elad Gil and more
- You will own the development and execution of dYdX’s overall marketing strategy across multiple aspects: new user acquisition strategies, education and engagement campaigns, and being the frontline voice of the dYdX trader.
- You will work cross-functionally with product, design, and BD to build user acquisition pipelines and growth strategies for new products/features. These strategies include:
- Affiliate and Referral programs
- Trader community management via Telegram and Discord
- Funnel instrumentation (from unique visitors / sign ups to first trade on platform, etc)
- SEO and SEM optimization for content marketing and landing pages
- You will proactively own, iterate, and prioritize growth strategies via
- Activating new traders
- Onboarding optimization
- Paid Acquisition
- Strategic Partnerships
- Retaining existing traders
- Drip marketing, in-app notifications, and event coordination
- Introducing creative campaigns to engage the trader community
- Understanding user pain points and suggesting product improvements
- Activating new traders
- You will leverage analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, and Metabase to measure and report on marketing initiatives
- You will think big about the future of crypto trading and how you can bring new users into decentralized exchanges / DeFi more quickly.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a marketing / growth environment
- Deep experience in at least one marketing channel but are knowledgeable enough in others to hit the ground running
- Hypothesis guided and are used to prioritizing a large number of ideas against a finite amount of resources
- Execution oriented with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get things done
- Communicate effectively and in a structured manner across all mediums
- Working knowledge around email marketing, SEO & SEM, and social platforms is preferred. Similarly, experience creating compelling consumer content strategies in crypto/fintech would be highly desired.
- Working knowledge around analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Amplitude, Metabase, Google Search Console or similar)
- Willingness to build relationships with media brands, important crypto news outlets, etc
- Project management, time management, ability to multitask and work on different types of projects concurrently
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with trading and markets (particularly crypto)
- SQL experience
7 year exercise window
After leaving dYdX, you'll have 7 years to exercise your stock options versus the industry standard 90 days
dYdX at a glance
dYdX focuses on Internet, Financial Services, Finance, Financial Exchanges, and Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, dYdX has raised $12M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.