Leading E-Commerce Provider in Cannabis
Quality Assurance Engineer
Dutchie is the cannabis industry’s leading and fastest-growing e-commerce provider, powering online ordering for the top dispensaries throughout the United States and Canada. We are a product and design-focused company that has created a best-in-class experience for cannabis dispensaries and shoppers. Since our inception in 2017, we have experienced significant growth. We’ve raised $53M in funding and are backed by Howard Schultz (Former CEO of Starbucks), Thrive Capital (Investor in Instagram, Stripe, Spotify, Slack), Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, one of the leading cannabis-focused VC’s, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About the Role
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a talented QA Automation Engineer to join our team. You will be getting in on the ground-level with us and working on testing virtually all aspects of the current product and future product development. You'll be working directly with the founding team daily and taking part in technology-related decisions. You will help us build the foundation of this company - its culture, its processes, and its practices. You'll also have the chance to work on assuring the quality of everything from analytics software to two-sided marketplaces, to IoT devices. There's a ton of interesting problems to solve.
What You Bring...
- 2+ Years of QA automation and/or software development experience required
- Understanding of general software and testing best practices and methodologies
- Experience with Testing automation frameworks like Cypress, Capybara, Testrail, & Selenium
- Experience with Continuous Integration pipelines and a strong understanding of their tooling
- You take pride in the tests you write - they’re organized, robust, and catch edge cases
- Self-starter - you're proactive and are able to start projects and tasks without constant direction
- Quick learner - you pick up new frameworks and technologies quickly
- Great communication skills - you’ll be at the touchpoint of a large group of engineers and product
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment - we move quickly and ship code often
- You enjoy your time working, but you enjoy your time outside of work too
What You’ll Do...
- Work with Engineering and Product to ensure data flows accurately between internal and integrated systems
- Increase the test coverage, create and define test scenarios
- Design and develop automation tools and test frameworks
- Design and manage test plans; prioritize test scenarios to expedite releases
- Give visibility to pass/fail reports and coach team through resolution of fails
- Evangelize best testing practices and toolings that enable all teams to write and maintain clean, reliable tests
- Support UI and back end teams QA with automation and manual testing for major releases
- Promote a holistic culture of quality throughout the Dutchie organization
- Enthusiastically help improve team capabilities, including frequent pairing to share automation expertise and approaches with other test engineers and analysts
- Review existing tools and processes and drive more efficient or reliable approaches
- Help expand our CI pipeline with quality assurance tools beyond automated feature testing
It’s a bonus if you...
- Have built QA automation software in the e-commerce or regulatory industries
- Have experience working with third parties to integrate disparate systems
- Contribute regularly to open-source projects
- Competitive Salary
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation days, sick days, and work from home days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
- The opportunity to shape an entire industry and create a product that touches millions of people
At dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
dutchie at a glance
dutchie focuses on E-Commerce, Software, Software Engineering, and Marijuana. Their company has offices in Bend. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, dutchie has raised $53M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2020.