Leading E-Commerce Provider in Cannabis
Senior Back-End Engineer$120k – $140k • 0.01% – 0.05%
Dutchie is the cannabis industry’s leading and fastest-growing e-commerce provider, powering online ordering for the top dispensaries throughout the United States and Canada. We are a product and design-focused company that has created a best-in-class experience for cannabis dispensaries and shoppers. Since our inception in 2017, we have experienced significant growth. We’ve raised $53M in funding and are backed by Howard Schultz (Former CEO of Starbucks), Thrive Capital (Investor in Instagram, Stripe, Spotify, Slack), Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, one of the leading cannabis-focused VC’s, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About the Role
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a talented Senior Back-End Engineer to join our team. You will be getting in on the ground-level with us and working on virtually all aspects of the current product and future product development. You'll be working directly with the founding team daily and taking part in technology-related decisions. You will help us build the foundation of this company - its culture, its processes, and its practices. You'll also have the chance to work on everything from analytics software to two-sided marketplaces, to IoT devices. There's a ton of interesting problems to solve.
What You’ll Do...
- Development of mission-critical back-end services including API integrations with third-party platforms, ETL pipelines, analytics warehouses, core consumer API
- Design and development of new features
What You Bring...
- 5+ years of development experience required
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- You are an expert at designing and extending scalable data models and the data stores they depend on
- You take pride in the code you write - it's clean, tested, organized, and elegant
- Self-starter - you're proactive and are able to start projects and tasks without constant direction
- Quick learner - you pick up new frameworks and technologies quickly
- Great communication skills
- You want to work in an agile environment - we move quickly and ship code often
- You enjoy your time working, but you enjoy your time outside of work too
It’s a bonus if you...
- Have built software in the e-commerce or regulatory industries
- Experience building and monitoring infrastructure on cloud-native hosting providers (AWS)
- Have deep experience with third-party integrations
- Love using bleeding-edge technology
- Contribute regularly to open-source projects
- Competitive Salary
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation days, sick days, and work from home days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
- The opportunity to shape an entire industry and create a product that touches millions of people
We're hard-working, high energy, and fun. We have a "do what you need and do what it takes" culture. If you need to work from home or fit in a workacation in order to produce your best work, then, by all means, go for it. As one of the first members of the team at Dutchie, you'll also have a great chance to play a foundational role in tech and culture decisions.
At dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
dutchie at a glance
dutchie focuses on E-Commerce, Software, Software Engineering, and Marijuana. Their company has offices in Bend. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, dutchie has raised $53M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2020.