Engineering Manager£95k – £125k • 0.01% – 0.01%
We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Engineering management at Duffel
At Duffel we put people first. As an engineering manager you'll be working closely with our CTO in a variety of activities - from growing healthy and performant teams, to developing people through mentoring and coaching, and collaborating in organisational design.
This role is about making everyone around you better by building and maintaining a culture of feedback, setting the highest quality standards and supporting everyone in attaining them.
What you'll be working on
- Making everyone around you healthier, more productive and fulfilled.
- Enabling healthy team processes, with the right pace and operational cadence.
- Ensuring the right sizing of the team to deliver on team and company goals.
- Coaching team members on their career paths and goals through continuous feedback.
- Partnering with the internal people team on interviewing and hiring, new joiner pre and on-boarding, retention and more.
- Working with the CTO on setting the foundations for the healthy growth of Product and Engineering.
- Defining the roadmap with the team.
What we're looking for in you
- You are technically astute and able to arbitrate technical discussions with the team.
- You are an advocate of servant leadership.
- You can be trusted with a high degree of autonomy.
- You have experience in managing and growing software engineers, and finding the right opportunities for them.
- You take pride in communicating clearly.
- You build a people first, collaborative and empathetic environment.
What you can expect from us
We're dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable both physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That's why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that's why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Everyone who joins duffel owns a share of the company.
Duffel at a glance
Duffel focuses on Internet, Online Travel, Developer APIs, Tourism, and Travel. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Duffel has raised $56.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.