Help us improve millions of lives by using data and technology effectively
Visual Design Intern€1k – €1k
What if your mission was to transform an age-old sector and immediately improve the lives of millions of refugees around the world?
We're much like a startup within a big organization. We save lives by building digital tools. We call ourselves the D Team.
And we're looking for bright and creative interns! As a Visual Design Intern/Working Student at NRC D Team, you will be part of sharing NRC’s missions via different internal and external channels. You will learn how visual communication contributes to effective messaging and content creation.
Sounds interesting? Learn more and apply via Angel.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Embed directly in our highly motivated teams, working on a project in close collaboration with a Design Lead and Product Lead to achieve common goals and learn together.
- Develop clear and engaging visual assets across multiple channels (web, digital and presentation materials) for products produced by D Team.
- Help us develop our brand, visual identity, and style by creating a visual language that speaks our mission and team culture.
- Translate information into visually stimulating and intellectually engaging typography, illustration and infographics. You can make visual content even more engaging by applying simple animations or interaction design.
- While this is a hands-on visual design role, you will also be encouraged to think strategically to identify and develop solutions that transform our existing products. We invite you to participate in user research by shadowing user interviews and stakeholder interviews and incorporate insights into your outputs.
YOUR BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
“If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.”
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiatives and working in a team.
- Strong portfolio featuring a range of work in different styles and mediums. * Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and in digital tools like Sketch or Figma.
- Great attention to detail in typography, composition, and craft, with a knack for visual storytelling.
- Manage multiple design projects at once, maintaining an organized system to ensure deadlines are met.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Experience with photography or video—either professional or personal—is a plus.
- Experience with motion and animation(Adobe AfterEffects)—either professional or personal—is a plus.
- Experience in NGO, non-profit, public or social sector would be nice but not required.
AS PART OF OUR TEAM, YOU WILL ENJOY
🌎 Creativity and hustle&bustle of a growing team with the impact of a global reach. NRC operates in 35+ countries, serving more than 8.5 million people worldwide every year.
💰 It is a competitively paid internship position.
💖 Unique opportunity to solve the industry's (and the world's) most exciting and pressing problems -- helping people displaced and forced to flee.
📅 Flexible working hour and duration. Ideally, you would be available for 1 to 3 days a week for the next 3 - 12 months but we are open. So let's talk!
✈️ Based in Berlin near Checkpoint Charlie. With potential opportunities to travel to Oslo (our head office), regional offices (Kenya, Senegal and Jordan) and conferences.
💪 A lot of learning opportunities. From visual design to product/UX design and product strategy, we are committed to your learning and growth!
Norwegian Refugee Council at a glance
Norwegian Refugee Council focuses on Humanitarian. Their company has offices in Berlin. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.nrc.no