The Modern Brokerage Platform
Software Development Engineer, Post-Trade Platform
DriveWealth is a financial technology firm pioneering embedded finance, fractional investing in US equities with a modern API-driven brokerage infrastructure. We’ve built patent-pending technology to fractionalize US equities and were the first to receive a license to do so in 2015. DriveWealth makes it as easy to buy Starbucks stock as it is to buy a Starbucks latte.
Our partners include banking and fin-techs disruptors, RIAs, and global brands who are build investing experiences in 153 countries. By empowering our partners with solutions to embed investing into new and existing digital experiences, they turn consumers into investors. Some of our partners are Revolut, Hatch, MoneyLion, Stake, and Avenue.
The Post Trade Team performs a variety of functions of a brokerage business after the trade is conducted. You will learn from and contribute to a modern Java code base that is highly concurrent and in several places follow reactive style programming. Our jobs run in the Cloud using many advanced AWS services. We still use some of the typical enterprise relational DB (MySql) and messaging services (JMS/ActiveMQ), etc. Our scripts are written in Bash, Groovy, and in the future may include Go, Python as well.
We measure and monitor the performance of our application closely, and are constantly improving on it to stay ahead of the demand curve. Our business is growing and scaling phenomenally. A current exciting project includes re-platforming a recently purchased critical piece of clearing & settlement software from our vendor. We are currently looking to integrate and scale the current platform which is Windows C# based while making an effort to re-platform. We don't expect you to know everything up front, as long as you are eager to learn and enjoy overcoming challenges, come be a part of our team!
- Responsible for the technical design and delivery of new Java projects using exciting, cutting-edge technology
- Develop enhancements to existing Java applications as well as build new applications from the ground up
- Monitor production systems, troubleshoot issues, and assist in remediation fixes
- Assist in recommending and facilitating future maintenance and enhancements
- Work with the Broker Dealer Operations teams to support and enhance the trading system
- 5+ Years Experience with high performance Java development in a highly scalable environment
- Experience with Core Java coding standards and best practices for application development
- Experience with Maven
- Must understand how to write effective unit/integration tests
- Understanding of Eclipse/IntelliJ and JUnit
- Experience with a 24x7, highly-available architecture
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in migrating platforms from Windows based technologies (C#, SQL server)
- Understanding of JSON, JMS, Jackson and ActiveMQ
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL database environments
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Linux and writing scripts to extract and transform data
- Multiple years experience in fin-tech, e-commerce, or analytics companies
- 401k plan
- Stock Options
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal. HSA and FSA options.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for continuing education and conferences
- Snacks and beverages available in the office
- Pet-friendly workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
DriveWealth at a glance
DriveWealth focuses on Financial Services, Personal Finance, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in New Jersey, Jersey City, and Chatham. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, DriveWealth has raised $10M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015.