The Modern Brokerage Platform
Technical Support Engineer
DriveWealth is a financial technology firm pioneering embedded finance, fractional investing in US equities with a modern API-driven brokerage infrastructure. We’ve built patent-pending technology to fractionalize US equities and were the first to receive a license to do so in 2015. DriveWealth makes it as easy to buy Starbucks stock as it is to buy a Starbucks latte.
Our partners include banking and fin-techs disruptors, RIAs, and global brands who are build investing experiences in 153 countries. By empowering our partners with solutions to embed investing into new and existing digital experiences, they turn consumers into investors. Some of our partners are Revolut, Hatch, MoneyLion, Stake, and Avenue.
Your primary responsibility is to provide technical support for the DriveWealth platform - from internal broker-dealer teams using our management dashboard to external partners integrating with our REST APIs. We are seeking someone that has exceptional attention to detail and values simplicity over complexity, both in processes and communication.
- Further define and develop enhancements to existing support workflows using ticketing systems and tools.
- Become a key member of a strong Technical Support team, bridging the gap between internal product, engineering, and client facing teams. You'll focus on ensuring a smooth client experience by tackling high priority issues and driving resolution of issues.
- Own technical customer escalations and ensure application stability, including monitoring of partner Slack channels, troubleshooting of issues, and assisting partners in remediation.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting internal and external customers.
- Experience with modern REST APIs.
- Experience with JIRA Service Desk and Confluence.
- Ability to work shift hours, nights and potentially weekends
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful conditions
- Thoughtful, patient, and direct communicator.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years working in software engineering or technical product management at a software company
- Working knowledge of log management and analysis tools such as SumoLogic
- Knowledge of SQL and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of technical microservices architecture
- Knowledge of REST and JSON as well as POSTMAN for testing
- Experience with order/transaction, clearance and settlement processing platforms a plus
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) products
- Scripting experience with language such as Python
- 401k plan
- Stock Options
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal. HSA and FSA options.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for continuing education and conferences
- Snacks and beverages available in the office
- Pet-friendly workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
DriveWealth at a glance
DriveWealth focuses on Financial Services, Personal Finance, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in New Jersey, Jersey City, and Chatham. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, DriveWealth has raised $10M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015.