The Modern Brokerage Platform
DriveWealth is a financial technology firm pioneering embedded finance, fractional investing in US equities with a modern API-driven brokerage infrastructure. We’ve built patent-pending technology to fractionalize US equities and were the first to receive a license to do so in 2015. DriveWealth makes it as easy to buy Starbucks stock as it is to buy a Starbucks latte.
Our partners include banking and fin-techs disruptors, RIAs, and global brands who are build investing experiences in 153 countries. By empowering our partners with solutions to embed investing into new and existing digital experiences, they turn consumers into investors. Some of our partners are Revolut, Hatch, MoneyLion, Stake, and Avenue.
The Controller is responsible for financial reporting and ensuring processes and procedures conform to the applicable principles of accounting and regulatory requirements. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of accounting transactions and financial statements.
- Oversight of all accounting functions, including but not limited to purchasing, accounts payable, customer billing, accounts receivable, G/L journal entries, financial reporting, etc.
- Preparation, analysis and review of intercompany allocations and account reconciliations.
- Manage and perform monthly close processes and deadlines.
- Preparation of forecasts, budgets and financial analysis.
- Support tax return and financial statement preparation by outside accountants, provide schedules and documentation.
- Ensure adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Establish and monitor internal controls.
- Maintain documentation of accounting processes.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports including collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information such as trends and variances.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Provide accounting insight and leadership to team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, a CPA and or MBA/ MA is preferred.
- Series 27 Strongly Preferred
- Knowledgeable in U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
- 5-10 years of accounting experience.
- Experience managing staff.
- High level of attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Extensive knowledge and application of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working in the financial service’s industry preferred.
- Previous experience with Netsuite, Oracle, Sage or other web-based ERP systems.
- Previous participation in implementations and enhancements will be looked on favorably
- 401k plan
- Stock Options
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal. HSA and FSA options.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for continuing education and conferences
- Snacks and beverages available in the office
- Pet-friendly workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
DriveWealth at a glance
DriveWealth focuses on Financial Services, Personal Finance, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in New Jersey, Jersey City, and Chatham. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, DriveWealth has raised $10M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015.