The Modern Brokerage Platform
Lead DevOps Engineer
DriveWealth is a financial technology firm pioneering embedded finance, fractional investing in US equities with a modern API-driven brokerage infrastructure. We’ve built patent-pending technology to fractionalize US equities and were the first to receive a license to do so in 2015. DriveWealth makes it as easy to buy Starbucks stock as it is to buy a Starbucks latte.
Our partners include banking and fin-techs disruptors, RIAs, and global brands who are build investing experiences in 153 countries. By empowering our partners with solutions to embed investing into new and existing digital experiences, they turn consumers into investors. Some of our partners are Revolut, Hatch, MoneyLion, Stake, and Avenue.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer, you will lead our infrastructure team to manage and maintain our financial services platform built on a 24x7, highly-available architecture. We are critical infrastructure for our customers, so your work matters to our business. We value simplicity over complexity - both in design and communication.
You’ll work on:
- AWS infrastructure management, including but not limited to: EC2, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, Elasticsearch, Elastic Cache, VPC, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, API Gateway, and WAF.
- Maintaining and enhancing our Chef automation and deployment system.
- Managing our PROD, UAT, DEV, and LoadTest environments.
- Maintaining and enhancing our continuous integration and release process.
- Troubleshooting production issues and assisting in remediation fixes.
- Establishing, maintaining, and testing DR and BCP procedures.
- Assisting the CISO with security initiatives.
- Assisting in facilitating future maintenance and enhancements.
What you bring:
- You have expertise in multiple AWS services, Chef automation, and Jenkins CI and familiarity with continuous integration and release management methodologies in an agile development environment.
- You have experience with Chef/Ansible/Puppet/Terraform/K8s Automation.
- You have a basic understanding of Ruby, Python, or Bash scripting.
- You are opinionated about what you build and offer constructive criticism on things you didn’t.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- You value simplicity over complexity, both in design and communication.
- You want to work on a product that is used by people around the world.
- You want to work with smart people who will value your opinion.
- You look at new technlogies to improve company's infrastructure.
- You want to work at a startup with a clear path to profitability without sacrificing user privacy or relying on advertising.
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge and experience of containerization
- Familiarity running automated unit/integration tests.
- Experience with Maven.
- Experience with Git source control.
- Understanding of JSON, Jackson and ActiveMQ.
- Experience with a NoSQL database environment
- Experience with Financial Services.
- 401k plan
- Stock Options
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal. HSA and FSA options.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for continuing education and conferences
- Snacks and beverages available in the office
- Pet-friendly workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
DriveWealth at a glance
DriveWealth focuses on Financial Services, Personal Finance, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in New Jersey, Jersey City, and Chatham. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, DriveWealth has raised $10M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015.