The Modern Brokerage Platform
Technical Product Manager
DriveWealth is a financial technology firm pioneering embedded finance, fractional investing in US equities with a modern API-driven brokerage infrastructure. We’ve built patent-pending technology to fractionalize US equities and were the first to receive a license to do so in 2015. DriveWealth makes it as easy to buy Starbucks stock as it is to buy a Starbucks latte.
Our partners include banking and fin-techs disruptors, RIAs, and global brands who are build investing experiences in 153 countries. By empowering our partners with solutions to embed investing into new and existing digital experiences, they turn consumers into investors. Some of our partners are Revolut, Hatch, MoneyLion, Stake, and Avenue.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager who has proven experience delivering software, understanding technical concepts and creating product efficiencies.
- Help define and prioritize the product roadmap and feature backlog for a backend engineering team responsible for multiple work streams
- Gather technical requirements, create specifications and workflow documents for product and feature release/ deployment.
- Answer day-to-day product questions from engineers to guide implementation
- Manage communication of progress/status to internal and external stakeholders
- Triage bugs and other improvements to alleviate issues swiftly
- Develop tools and processes to improve team efficiency and speed
- Support operations and compliance in their technical questions and needs
- Identify and implement ways to improve the systems scalability and functionality.
- Guide the next phase of development as the application scales to multiple services and teams
- 3+ years working in software engineering or technical product management at a software or financial services company
- Knowledge of SQL and/or data modeling and analysis tools
- Knowledge of technical micro-services architecture
- Knowledge of REST, JSON or similar
- Experience with trading, order execution clearance and settlement processing platforms a plus
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality and tested software on-time and often
- An open mind, flexibility around testing new approaches and the ability to harness failures and turn them into wins
- Experience with Financial Services and Investment Banking systems preferred
- Degree in computer science or relevant software development experience preferred
- 401k plan
- Stock Options
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal. HSA and FSA options.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for continuing education and conferences
- Snacks and beverages available in the office
- Pet-friendly workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
DriveWealth at a glance
DriveWealth focuses on Financial Services, Personal Finance, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in New Jersey, Jersey City, and Chatham. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, DriveWealth has raised $10M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015.