Single-Day Fantasy Sports Contests for Cash
Senior Software Engineer, Architecture
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
Build the possibilities. We’re growing rapidly and are searching for a Senior Software Engineer on the Architecture team. Working on a number of new initiatives such as integrating our micro-services with Docker and Kubernetes, as well as helping deliver an A/B testing system across all our product teams, you will collaborate cross-functionally to create and improve our core infrastructure components. As a key member of the Architecture team, you’ll get firsthand experience designing and improving our cutting-edge software across all product teams. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Work closely with our engineers and our product teams to implement core functionality needed across all our product teams.
- Develop modular, efficient, well-tested, and documented components to enable the teams to produce top-notch products.
- Help design new patterns to better support the products.
- Identify bottlenecks to improve performance.
- Participate in design sessions, code reviews, and pull requests both within the team and across product teams.
- You will also write clean, well-organized, testable, and reusable code.
What skills you will use
- 3+ years of development experience working in object-oriented programming using languages such as C# or Java.
- You have a strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles.
- A bonus if you have good experience in asynchronous, concurrent programming.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to discuss technical concepts.
- Ability to participate in code reviews, design reviews, and collaborative debugging.
- A passion for problem-solving and a desire to find solutions that enable others to do their jobs more efficiently and with greater success.
- Experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests.
- Experience writing distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS strongly preferred.
DraftKings at a glance
DraftKings focuses on Social Games, Sports, Direct Marketing, Fantasy Sports, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Boston, Las Vegas, and Hoboken. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, DraftKings has raised $1.043B of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.