Medical Billing Made Easy
Rails Software Engineer$80k – $95k • No equity
What is the opportunity?
Location: Canada only - Vancouver BC or remote
Dr. Bill is a remote-first, distributed team started in Vancouver, in Canada. We build software to empower medical practitioners to focus on clinical work not administration.
We are looking for a software developer to join us and help build the future of our web apps. You'll have the opportunity to work on diverse and interesting challenges and help shape both our product and how we work.
When you are not busy writing code for the latest feature, you will be reviewing pull requests, supporting other developers, and working with the team to improve processes.
What you’ll be doing
- Working as part of our remote-first, distributed team
- Working closely with product, UX and development teams
- Contributing to the architecture and development of our Rails apps
- Contributing to our AWS infrastructure and deployment
- Supporting and operating the Rails apps we build in AWS
- Supporting your teammates in development planning
- Supporting customers in ensuring we are on top of product quality
Who You Are
We're looking for someone with 5+ years of experience building and operating Rails web applications with excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- You have experience building production Rails web apps
- You have experience growing and scaling Rails web apps
- You understand that DevOps is a mindset, not a job description
- You thrive working in a small team with large responsibilities
- You believe that writing tests is part of a feature, and not optional
- You enjoy learning about new technologies or working on side projects in your free time
Ideally, you also have:
- Experience contributing to Open-source projects
- Experience with remote work and its unique challenges
About Dr. Bill
We’re an autonomous company (recently acquired by RBC Ventures) who are working to make medical billing easy for Canadian physicians. You’ll join as an employee of RBC and get all the perks of working for a big company, but with a start-up mind-set and the agility to move quickly.
You’ll be measured on output, not your hours worked. That means your schedule is flexible and you can work from home or remotely.
We’re currently a small team but we’re growing, hiring for several positions. You’ll be joining a team that’s moving quickly and focused on producing results.
About RBC Ventures
RBC Ventures Inc., a subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Canada, is going beyond banking to create meaningful solutions that touch every Canadian. We are building new ventures, acquiring growing firms, making investments and partnering with organizations that share our vision. For more information, visit RBCVentures.ca.
Meet your team
Dr. Bill at a glance
Dr. Bill focuses on SaaS, Health Care Information Technology, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Vancouver. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Dr. Bill has raised $305K of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.
You can view their website at http://www.dr-bill.ca