Doximity is an online networking service for medical professionals
Data Analyst - Insights
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help clinicians save time so they can provide better care for patients.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build a better future for all.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Play a key role in creating client-facing analytics by working closely with our Client Service Managers and Sales teams.
- Showcase your engineering skills by creating data products from scratch and automating code so they can be re-used by other teammates.
- Work with your team to build your technical and non-technical skill sets.
- Leverage Doximity's extensive datasets to identify and classify behavioral patterns of medical professionals on our platform.
- Grow into a presentation/communication-focused role or dive deeper into more-involved technical challenges—the choice is yours.
We’re trying something different. In the past we’d throw out a laundry list of requirements but we realized there were 4 key traits we need - everything else can be flexible.
A successful candidate must have at least a three-year track record of these traits:
- Collaborative—The best candidates and teammates are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
- Passion for Data—You’re going to help our clients and team members with data-driven decision making. We need someone that can manipulate millions of rows of data and also ask the right questions to find the important insights.
- Attention to Detail—Clients expect the right answers and the successful candidate will have a history of error handling and creating quality checks to make sure we provide accurate data.
- Time Management—Our team operates in a fast-paced environment. We have a lot of clients with a lot of questions and are looking for the best person to manage competing priorities from various stakeholders.
After 90 days on the job, we expect that you will be:
- Able to create and evaluate complex SQL statements involving numerous tables and complex relationships.
- Conducting Exploratory Data Analysis using Python using some of the most common modules (numpy, pandas, statsmodels, matplotlib).
- Comfortable with UNIX command line interface and standard programming tools (vim/emacs, git, etc.).
Fun facts about the Insights team:
- We have access to one of the richest healthcare datasets in the world, with deep information on hundreds of thousands of clinicians and their connections.
- The members of our team bring a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Business decisions at Doximity are driven by our data, analyses, and insights.
- We like to have fun - company outings, team lunches, and other social events.
More info on Doximity
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
This role is a remote position.
Doximity at a glance
Doximity focuses on Mobile, Internet, Healthcare, Medical, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Doximity has raised $81.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2014.