Your favorite restaurants, delivered
Senior Product Marketing Manager, Consumer
About the Role
DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
To further this mission, we’re looking for an experienced consumer product marketing expert to join our growing product marketing team at a pivotal and exciting time for DoorDash. The Product Marketing team at DoorDash is small, but growing rapidly and it is expected this person will be a leader on the team, help build the Product Marketing function, and grow their career as the team grows. As Senior Product Marketing manager for Consumer, you will be responsible for defining the strategy to launch new features and drive ongoing engagement with existing consumer products like Delivery, DashPass, and Pickup. Through close collaboration with the consumer product management team, you will surface audience insights that inform the roadmap and leverage those to build scaled go-to-market campaigns that encourage adoption of those tools.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating at highly strategic and tactical levels, switching between them effortlessly. You will be deeply grounded in audience insights through partnership with research, analytics, and by driving original research to define the needs of the consumer audience. You will have a track record of leveraging insights to build consensus with large cross-functional teams and of building trusted relationships with senior product leaders. You will thrive on analytics and set a learning agenda for all projects that raises the bar for impact against engagement and business goals.
This role is based out of our San Francisco or New York headquarters and reports to the Director of Consumer Product Marketing.
What You'll Do
- Own the development of marketing strategies that drive consumer awareness and engagement with features like Delivery, DashPass, and Pickup
- Define and drive comprehensive go-to-market plans for new features from audience definition, development of core value proposition, to launch and sustain through owned and in-product channels
- Partner closely with research and analytics to develop a deeper understanding of the consumer audience and surface opportunities to senior product leadership to inform the roadmap
- Identify the needs of DashPass subscribers and partner with business strategy to test and launch new benefits that drive increased customer conversion and retention
- Proactively identify and execute on opportunities to drive increased conversion with new and existing customers through close partnership with analytics, product management, and business strategy
- Lead complex cross-functional teams to execute marketing programs at scale, including partnering with Product Management, Engineering, Comms, Strategy & Ops, Finance, and Analytics
- BA, MBA preferred
- 8+ years of professional experience in marketing in a corporate or startup environment
- Proven track record of driving successful go-to-market launches that drive adoption and bottom line impact
- Fluency with data - including market/segment sizing, forecasting, and working with analytics to understand efficacy of campaigns after the fact
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders: Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic: We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning: We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed: We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash: The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US and Canada.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.
Premium medical, dental and vision insurance plans
16 weeks fully paid maternity/paternity leave
Time when you need it
Unlimited vacation days for salaried employees. Generous vacation and sick days for hourly team members
$75 monthly fitness reimbursement
Quarterly off-sites and team-building activities
DoorDash at a glance
DoorDash focuses on Mobile, Marketplaces, Local, Small and Medium Businesses, and Logistics. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Orlando, and Brooklyn. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, DoorDash has raised $2.107B of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.