Lead Engineer (remote)$48k – $60k • No equity
Brooklyn-based Dollaride empowers every-day people to overcome the challenges of living in transit deserts by using "dollar vans". In NYC, the dollar van network is a popular but informal transit system supporting over 100K daily riders. Dollaride's ride-sharing technology makes this private network of vans accessible to more passengers in neighborhoods that struggle with weak public transit options. Our goal is to create new transit routes and introduce a mobile product to riders and drivers that will upgrade dollar van service from the shadows.
At Dollaride, we're building a unique ride-sharing service (mobile & web) that will allow drivers, riders, and operators (i.e. the dispatcher) to conduct transportation business on a digital platform for the first time. Dollar vans represent an integral, though hidden, transportation network in NYC. Our technology simplifies how anyone can find a "dollar van" and pay their fare right from their mobile phone.
We're looking for a Lead Engineer to accelerate the development of our mobile app product, as our two-sided marketplace scales to thousands of local users. Design, build, test, and deliver new app features using React Native on the client-side and Node.js for server-side logic.
You'll immediately have the opportunity to participate in technical decision-making, helping to evaluate and select new technologies and frameworks for the team to use. You'll have immense responsibility and autonomy as a key contributor to our engineering team.
As a Lead Engineer, you'll lead our growing remote tech team and work side-by-side with our CTO, who is also an experienced engineer. Along with a product manager and product designer, you'll be collaborating with 3 other engineers (i.e. mobile/full stack, Back-end and DevOps).
What to expect:
- short, daily standup meetings
- open team-wide communications in Slack
- weekly product demos & feedback sessions
- adherence to agile software development methodology (scrum)
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
Technologies we're using:
- React Native and React.js
- Amazon Web Services
- Partnership with Product Manager and CTO.
- Leads and supports the Engineers so they can achieve their professional goals.
- Drives a culture of feedback that facilitates learning and product improvement
- Leads quarterly planning and goal setting for their respective engineering team.
- Maximizes team performance through collaboration and delegating based on team members strengths
- Participates in strategic planning with other Technical Leads in order to build a great collective engineering experience across the company
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build products leveraging frameworks such as React & React Native
- 4+ years of mobile and web development experience
- 2+ years of professional experience as a Technical Lead (ideally)
- proven experience leading and mentoring engineering teams
- significant experience in developing and bringing mobile apps to market
- proficient with front and back-end JS frameworks (i.e. React/ React Native, and Node.js)
- good communication skills (proficient in English)
- reliable and responsible
- necessary hardware: smartphone (iOS and/or Android phone)
- professional experience working in teams and using Git/version control
- a team-player, interesting peer-programming & helping others
- ability to learn quickly and work independently
This is a long-term contract.