React Native Mobile Developer (remote)$42k – $48k
Brooklyn-based Dollaride empowers every-day people to overcome the challenges of living in transit deserts by using "dollar vans". In NYC, the dollar van network is a popular but informal transit system supporting over 100K daily riders. Dollaride's ride-sharing technology makes this private network of vans accessible to more passengers & neighborhoods who struggle with weak public transit options. Our goal is to create new transit routes and introduce a mobile product to riders and drivers that will upgrade dollar van service from the shadows.
At Dollaride, we're building a unique ride-sharing service (mobile & web) that will allow drivers, riders, and operators (i.e. the dispatcher) to conduct transportation business on a digital platform for the first time. Dollar vans represent an integral, though hidden, transportation network in NYC. Our technology simplifies how anyone can find a "dollar van" and pay their fare right from their mobile phone.
We're looking for Full-stack Developers at Dollaride to accelerate the development of our mobile app product, as our two-sided marketplace scales to thousands of local users. Design, build, test, and deliver new app features using React Native on the client-side and Node.js for server-side logic.
You'll immediately have the opportunity to participate in technical decision-making, helping to evaluate and select new technologies and frameworks for the team to use. You'll have immense responsibility and autonomy as a key contributor to our engineering team.
As a full-stack developer, you'll join our growing remote tech team and work side-by-side with our technical founder, who is also an experienced engineer. Along with a product manager and product designer, you'll be collaborating with 2 other engineers (i.e. 1 full-stack and 1 DevOps).
What to expect:
- short, daily standup meetings
- open team-wide communications in Slack
- weekly product demos & feedback sessions
- adherence to agile software development methodology (scrum)
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
Technologies we're using:
- React Native & React.js
- Amazon Web Services
- iOS & Android
-3+ years of mobile & web development experience
- significant experience in developing and bringing mobile apps to market
- proficient with front & back-end JS frameworks (i.e. React.js/ React Native, and node.js)
- good communication skills (proficient in English)
- reliable and responsible
- necessary hardware: smartphone (iOS and/or Android phone)
- professional experience working in teams and using Git/version control
- a team-player, interesting peer-programming & helping others
- ability to learn quickly and work independently
This is a long-term contract.